Xemacs and Chinese input

Sorry I posted this before from my email address which is not on
mailinglist.

Hi,
I am a very fresh user of Xemcs and when I try to write chinese I have
problem that arrows (up,down.left.right) which should allow me to select
between different characters doesn't work. When I press it, it only
moves the cursor, so in the end I can input only the first character.
What do I have to set? It works nicely in Tei-emacs for win32
And i found that it works on emacs21, but I am really a noob and first
time i ran emacs21 it worked well, but second time I didn't display
fonts, only as squares.
Thanks for help
Petr