Re: install problem

mingwuming:

Andrew Lee wrote:
On Mon, 10 Jun 2002, mingwuming wrote:

 I installed chinese support from "tasksel", after all,My box look
like no different from before,,it still cannot support chinese,input or
output. I konw I have to config it,but I didnot get it from the FAQ in
the project page . If somebody can share the experences,that would be great

Which version are you using? What have you done? Have you read the
debian-zh-faq-t?

The first thing shoule be set up the locale, and then you should install
the chinese fonts and put the fontpath into your xfree86 configuration
file. Please referenec the debian-zh-faq for the detials.

If you find any problem with the faq, please report here, we can try to
improve the faq. :-)

Good luck.

Andrew Lee                                         cell.: +886 932 394 697
System & IT Consultant                       phone @work: +886 2 2242 6189
Chinese GNU/Linux Extensions                    Red Hat Certified Engineer

HI:
After I changed my locale setting by "dpkg-reconfigure locales", the menu and xchat abiword all desplay chinese char. That's great!But when I start xchat,I get Warning on missing chinese char in FontSet section.
         When I follow the FAQ, I am not clear about follow:
2.4 After I add "alias ls='ls -show-control-shars' "to $(HOME)/.bashrc. I do "ls" cannot list the file in directory,I get invilid warning. And there is ./inputrc in my home directory.
I think you mean 'ls --show-control-chars' ?
Alex