Re: Display Chinese in java under Linux

When the plugin started.. ( I couldn't get to the site ) the locale should be already set to one way or the others or else the plugin should set the locale to zh_TW them self to change the font type.
Have you try to start browser after change your locale to zh_TW?

e.g. start xterm --> change locale --> start browser.

Also the program that I send you require fonts alias that I make up for bsmi00lp.ttf and bkai00mp.ttf I don't know what their real x alias since defoma take over. So change the font name should make it work.
locale changes should change the display also.
Alex

Shao Zhang wrote:

Hi,

Actually, after install additional fonts, I got it working :)
However, I still cannot get it to display Chinese through the plugin.

Can anyone get java working for this site: http://weiqi.tom.com/home.php

Just click on one of the go games, and it will bring up a java app with
Chinese in it.

Regards,

Shao.