problems with debian chines FAQ!

Hi:
  i did try to install chinese support on my debian box manymany times,,but
no one single time, i was successful,,I found that the debian chinese FAQ
has  some bugs,,i follow the FAQ exactly,but still cannot finger out what's
went wrong!
  Does the FAQ is wirten for Woody or still for older version! I run tasksel
to get chinese support, do i need to config each single package?
how can i get use of them,,,even i got error when i start Chinput!

I just want the FAQ can be more on time and more spesific!

Thanks,,,if i say something wrong ,sorry about that!

-----
ming