Re: printing chinese in mozilla

On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 06:41:05PM +0800, Zou Min wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 05:20:21PM +0800, ha shao wrote:
> The printed ps file has the above lines(as you can see in the attached
> "mozilla.ps.gz"), but, no chinese can be displayed using "gv"

I cannot see in it. You did not actually attached the file.

> So, how to ensure my gs is ok?

when you run "gs mozilla.ps", if it says it cannot find the
BouSung font, then you have to let demofa to update gs's font
database:
% defoma-app gs update

If no error on font lookup, you have to fill a bug report on
gs.

> BTW, my "gv" can display and print chinese in this file:
> http://people.debian.org/~ygh/debian-zh-faq.zh_CN.ps.gz
> If my "mozilla.ps.gz" file is ok, why can't I display it correctly using "gv"?

the faq ps file is generated from TeX which embed the Chinese
fonts as small 8bit fonts and do stupid^Wsmart things with
Chinese text. This's not the way how we normally use Chinese
TT font with postscript. So its different.

--
hashao|      古之善為道者,微妙玄通,深不可識。夫唯不可識,故強為之容:
hashao|      豫兮若冬涉川;猶兮若畏四鄰;儼兮其若客;