UTF-8

I am trying to convert just about everything (file name, document
encoding, LANG environment, etc) from Big5 to UTF-8. I'm running sid and I
encountered plenty of problems

1.no Xlib support (?) -- Seems that the debian XFree86 4.1.0 doesn't
come with all the locales Inside  /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/locale, there's no
zh_*.UTF8 directories, and the README inside says that UTF-8 is broken
in this version of X, damn!

2. Chinput doesn't come up -- chinput no come up when CTRL+SPACE is
pressed.

3. How to configure mlterm/rxvt/uxterm  to display CJK characters?

4. there's no fixed width Chinese fonts that support unicode.

5. xfs-xtt is very unstable (crashes alot when viewing CJK web page with
mozilla)

6. are there any utility/script that convert my big5 chinese filenames
to UTF-8?

--

- jhy

"If you are reading this line you've too much time to waste."