Apache.pm failed to load

;; Please cc to me for I'm not subscribing debian-user list.
I'm using woody on PIII. I found since June 26 or so when I dist-upgrade
the system, my apache server reported "Apache.pm failed to load" and
refused to work.

Does anybody know how to solve the problem?

That seems to be partially related to perl package. As I downgraded to
the packages apache-common and apache-perl found in potato 2.2r3, it
refused to work as well, though the message was not that Apache.pm
cannot be loaded but "httpd could not be started".

Best!