Re: [Draft] Writing i18n apps with glibc 2.2

Hi hashao,
On Mon, Oct 16, 2000 at 11:44:11AM +0800, hashao wrote:

> line breaking detection, I think. It is just that it is not
> portable :(.

Well, believe it or not, the portability problem is not as bad as you might
think. Although glibc 2.2 baldly based its locale system on an ISO TR which
was failed to pass as a international standard, this part (adding a char class)
is actually in POSIX. So theoretically any POSIX-conforming system (most Unix
systems are nowadays) ought to have no problem to add this to its Chinese locale
should this feature proved to be worthy and gain wide popularity. But I'm not
going to worry too much about it at least for the time being. I haven't seen
a Chinese locale in any commercial Unix any way. So let's just make Linux (and
BSDs for that matter) rock first.

Bests,
rigel