Re: pydict broken?

On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 03:30:08PM +0800, zoum@comp.nus.edu.sg wrote:
> > > I am using unstable branch. Recently I updated my packages, the pydict can't
> > > be installed anymore, as there is a conflict between pydict and python.
> > > However, pydict depends on python....
> > >
> > > I am confused...anyone can help me? Thanks a lot!
> > Someone bad to remove /usr/bin/python, seems there was
> > discuss in python mail list, are you using python2 ?
> >
> > Just do :
> >
> > ln -sf /usr/bin/python2.1 /usr/bin/python
>
> I already has link. But when I use "dselect", i got the message:
> pydict depends on python
> pydict depends on python-gtk
> python conflicts with pydict (<= 0.2.5.1-1)
>
> That's why i can't install pydict.
> If i remove python, dependency failed, else, there will be a conflict.

Are you sure? can you install python first (now it is 2.1). And
then install pydict?

pydict only depend on python and python-gtk
python-gtk is now depends on the new python 2.1.

Maybe your problem is before python-gtk was updated to depend on python2.1?
back then, python-gtk depends on python-base which is replaced by
some pythonX.X-base things.

try apt-get update and install again. You might be lucky this time. :)

--
hashao|  舉頭西北浮雲,倚天萬裡須長劍。人言此地,夜深長見,鬥牛光燄。
hashao|  我覺山高,潭空水冷,月明星淡。待燃犀下看,憑欄卻怕,風雷怒,魚龍慘。