Re: install task-chinese-t on Progeny Debian

On Sat, Jun 30, 2001 at 11:46:57AM +0800, khoguan@ms4.hinet.net wrote:

> So I turned to Progeny Debian. It's OK this time. But it's a pity
> that this commercial Debian distro has no Chinese-related packages.
> So again I turned back to official Debian for task-chinese-t.
> I modified /etc/apt/sources.list, then
>

>   root# apt-get update
>   root# apt-get install task-chinese-t
>
> No luck. The error says that:
>
>   Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies:
>   task-chinese-t: Depends: zh-trans but it is not going to be installed
>   E: Sorry, broken packages
>
> I tried to install zh-trans, but it depends on another packages, which
> depends on yet another packages and on and on.

It's progeny's job to support its users. As you notice they are a commercial
Debian Distro. They have their own supporting mailing list. You are cool
with English anyway.

For your problem, are you sure you are using the unstable source for
apt? Nothing in the world except potato will be compatible with potato.

--
hashao|   元嘉草草,封狼居胥,贏得倉皇北顧。四十三年,望中猶記,烽火揚州路。
hashao|   可堪回首,佛貍祠下,一片神鴉社鼓!憑誰問、廉頗老矣,尚能飯否?