Re: about query of installed package

Great! Another question in this category, how to find which package
owns a specific file? For example, I want to find which package owning
file /bin/sh.

TIA

Jinwei

Anthony> On Thu, Jun 14, 2001 at 09:11:29AM +0000, 把我的夢搖醒了 wrote:
>> i would like to ask how can how query the installed
>> package names.
>> i redhat, i can use "rpm -qa | grep xxxx" or "rpm -qa"
>> but how to perform similar operation in debian?
>> i find it time consuming to search in dselect...

Anthony> 	dpkg -l
Anthony> 	apt-cache search xxxxx
Anthony> 	apt-cache show xxxxxx
Anthony> 	grep-available xxxxxx	<- 先 apt-get install grep-dctrl

Anthony>   詳見以上各命令的 man page。  :-)