Re: Debian安裝問題,help me pl

On Sun, Apr 08, 2001 at 07:55:53AM +0800, hamjute@hotmail.com wrote:
> i updatedb & locate xinitrc,but i only find a xinitrc file(/etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc),in my home directory there is no .xinitrc.how can i do?

xinitrc is used by xinit. if you don't have it, you can copy
the on under /etc/X11..../xinitrc to your .xinitrc or create
your own one and source xinitrc at the end of your .xinitrc.

For startx, we normally use .xsession. And you have to create
your own one too. You can copy one under /etc/... and edit it.

For how Debian setup its X environment, check out
/usr/share/doc/xfree86-common
you want to read FAQ, README.Debian, README.fonts, and anything
else you are interested in. Then you know just about enough of
X. :)

> After i startx ,i first run gnome-session in xterm,the gnome desktop ENV can display,but sencond,it's not success,system say there is no /dev/dsp.

I don't use gnome myself (yet :), so I am not qualified to answer this
question. But /dev/dsp is your sound device. So check out someone's answer
to sound card and its permission several days ago in this list.
--
Best regard
hashao