RE: Debian安裝問題

Hi,

>我在設置Debian時還遇到一個問題,我安裝的是XFree86-4.0.2,必須手工添加
>ln -s /usr/X11R6/bin/XFree86 /etc/X11/X才能運行startx,而且最要命的是設置好
>X之後,每次啟動都變成了圖形方式登陸,如何才能改成字符界面登陸呢?因為如果圖
>形方式登陸,/etc/profile沒有執行,很多設置的東西都不起作用了。多謝了。

First, check the first line of /etc/inittab, it should be:
"id:2:initdefault:" if it is not 2, maybe any number between 0 -5.
If it is 2, go to:

/etc/rc2.d

find the xdm or gdm, in my computer it is S99gdm. You can delete it and it
won't run the graphic login frontend.

You may interested how this work, let me explain it, if you already know,
then sorry about that.
In inittab, it is the runlevel of the system. rc?.d (? is 0 -5 in inittab)
is the "place" to execute the required program or script. S99 or S01, the
number is the priority of the running sequence, K01 - K99 is killing
sequence after logoff. Therefore, you can custom the rc2.d or rc3.d to
suitable your need to running server like setihome or xfs.

If you need your gdm back, you can find the script in /etc/init.d, then you
link it to rc?.d.

Correct me if I wrong. Hope this help and sorry for no Chinese, I don't know
any Chinese input method.

Regards,
WK Yeung