Re: Is there a de facto standard Chinese PostScript font name?

On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 01:25:51PM +0900, Yasuhiro TAKE wrote:

> i have some questions about Chinese PostScript situation.
> Is there a PostScript printer that has Chinese PostScript fonts?

I'm afraid the answer is no. I assume the Japanese fonts you mentioned
are all type 0 fonts. Never heard of any Chinese type 0 font. If such thing
does exist, it must have been used in a very limited fashion, for example
perhaps only in publishing industry(?).

It seesm to me that before CID font and the ability of using true type font
in PostScript, the most common way of printing Chinese is to use type 3
embedded bitmap font.

Maybe someone else has better knowledge than me.

Regards,
rigel