Normal user can not use pon to activate dial-up

Hi,

I used pppconfig to configure ppp0 and no problem to dial-up to my ISP as root but failed as a normal user. The error message shown as below when "pon" command excuted by normal user:

Please configure /etc/ppp/peers/provider or use a command line argument to
use another file in /etc/ppp/peers/ directory.

The ppp version installed is 2.4 and pppconfig is 2.0.5 and 2.2.18 kernel. I'm sure the user is already in dip group. Am I still missing some permissions setting or others ? Any advise appreciated.