Re: Abt TrueType in XFree4.0.2

On Wed, Feb 07, 2001 at 03:30:51PM +0800, Hilary Cheng wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>     I am using Debian 2.2. and I have upgraded to XFree4.0.2.
> I have followed to instruction in FAQ in debian homepage to
> setup TrueType fonts. but I found that it is failed to display
> Chinese characters. when I use CPanel to select Chinese fonts
> for Gnome, it will give me a Segementation Fault. Do I need to
> install xfs/xfstt to display chinese ? or anythings that I need
> to install it ? Thanks a lot.
>
> Regards,

Plz install xfs-xtt (You MUST use THE XF4 version in unstable).
Also, activate the 'xtt' module in your XF86Config-4 and disable the
'freetype' module.

freetype module works too (see mails in the archives) but xtt and freetype
can not coexist. Good luck!

--
Chia-Sheng Chang (Jonathan Chang)
Institute of Communications Engineering