gb <==> big5 conversion module

Hello T.H.Hsieh and Yu Guanghui,
I just came back yesterday from a long vacation and found that I missed
both your posts regarding gb <==> big5 conversion.

Before left for vacation, I was also working on writing a gb <==> big5
gconv module. The first part of my plan was to establish a "best" mapping
between gb and big5. I did not take any existing conversion table because
none of them documented how they got their conversions and I don't feel
comfortable with that. So I roll my own and took this opportunity to check a
few popular gb <==> big5 converters. Most of this work has been finished.
All the gb -> big5 conversions have been checked, but there some big5 -> gb
conversions left. The result so far looks good. Compare with the table of
130+ unmapped gb codes posted by Yu Guanghui a while ago, 35 of them are
mapped in my table. There are 4 codes not mapped in my table, but mapped in
autoconvert. However I suspect that autoconvert made mistake in all 4 cases.
I'll write a more detailed post describing my methodology, conversion
table and the comparison results in next few days. Then I'd like to hear
from you. If we all agree upon it, it's fairly easy to write the module.
Hopefully it will be in time for 2.2.1 release which is said to be soon.

Regards,
Yong Li
(rigel)