Re[2]: How to open a XBM file by GIMP?

Hello wen,
On Saturday, December 30, 2000, wen@japan.email.ne.jp wrote:

hashao>> Maybe you need some xbm plugin for gimp. It is not in by default.

wjenj> Pobably you are right. I have not any experience on it and I will try
wjenj> it later.

Gimp in woody is 1.0, which do not have buildin xbm support. You have
to get the xbm plugin from gimp.org and compile it. see
/usr/share/doc/gimp/README.debian for how to install plugins. Gimp 1.2
should have buildin xbm support cuz I don't see xbm for 1.2. :)

hashao>> You can also edit a xbm file using 'bitmap' , simple, isn't it?

wjenj> Yes, it can be read by bitmap. My next question is if we can input Chinese
wjenj> text in BITMAP or GIMP by Chinput(of course TrueType is better). You know
wjenj> I intend to add Chinese(GB) part in the package of language-env and I should
wjenj> make a graphics file(簡體中文) like ja.xbm in the manual of tklanguage.

I do not use gimp (much), but I do know it support Chinese input and
Chinese TTF. So we are all set.

--
Best regards,
 hashao                            mailto:hashao@china.com.n.s.pam