Re: 關于dselect和apt-setup/perl的問題

The way I handle it is use dselect do the update.. and then select.. you can
choice to unselect the updated new package... that way you won't get the
problem..but very slow :) also..  as I remeber.. debian provide something call
majoy update ( which mean it only update the essential package ) you may check
that out also.
Perl just like C you can set your locale by using gettext and set locale..that's
why you get the error...(so do I) the problem is the program itself didn't
(perl)
come with a chinese locale interface..when the program look for
(/usr/share/locale/"your-locale"/"your-app".mo) is not there.. then they use the
default locale..that's what I understand... hope it will help you..
so if you really want perl to show chinese message..then you may build the mo
file form Perl source code and put it in that location. Or you can search in the
net and see anyone already did that...  :)
Not all app using gettext..  == Not all app can use locale.
But I think Perl use gettext.
Good luck
Alex