Chinese in VIM?

Hello,
      Would u pls tell me if I can see Chinese(only reading,no writing) in PURE vim.
I have read the vim online help about multy-bytes,there r some information about that.
I remember that it seems vim can only show Chinese in GUI mode.But I wonder if it can
display Chinese characters in console mode.I have made vim show Chinese under a virtual
Chinese driver named CCE,it works smoothly.But it makes switching between virtual console
so slowly.That why my quetion comes out.
	If vim can,pls tell me the steps I should follow.I am now happily programing with
vim in console.If it can help me read Chinese docs easily,that will be perfect!
	Thanks a lot!

      Hailiang
            hailiang@citiz.net