Re: can't boot kernel 2.27 sucessfully

On Wed, 20 Sep 2000, Wan Hing Wah wrote:

> > The problem is you should install kernel-package and
> > RTFM and /usr/share/doc/kernel-package . Debian's kernel is patched.
> ??but isn't kernel-package is just used to built custom kernel debian
> image only?Moreover,i use the kernel-source-2.2.17 package so i think
> it should be patched already....

I don't know the details, but could you just give kernel-package a try
please?  I find it a much better way to build kernels on Debian.  I have
hardly ever used "make deps; make install" stuff on my own computer.  :-)
The kernel-image-2.2.17_custom.1.0_i386.deb for example that you can
create with kernel-package allows you to safely install and remove kernels
from your system.  Yes, you still use kernel-package even if you use the
kernel source provided by the kernel-source-2.2.17 package.

So, please just give it a try and see if it solves the problem.  If not,
come back and ask again.

Cheers,

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling                Civil and Environmental Engineering
foka@ualberta.ca, foka@debian.org    University of Alberta, Canada