Re: 關 _中文locale中3~字的排序

>>>>> "rigel" == rigel  <rigel863@yahoo.com> writes:

    rigel> As an official release, the chance of your proposal being
    rigel> accepted by glibc is next to zero. There are rules governing the
    rigel> name of locale. If you want to do it on your own system, feel
    rigel> free.

That's right.  The standard does not define it.  And I definitely buy that
the glibc release will not include something like this.  Not even in the
official/unofficial Debian glibc package.

But still, I think such a collation is useful, and if nowhere else, we can
put it in a package by itself, or in locale_zh.

And no, it's not you who's been lazy.  It's me.  I should really have done
it myself, but I didn't (and probably won't, unless it turns out nobody do
exactly that until the next summer).

There's quite some technical problems there, though.  If one character has
many pronunciations, then we don't know where to put the character.  If many
characters share the same pronunciation, pinyin simply does not define an
order.  I also remember somebody saying that many characters do not have a
pinyin entry in the TAB.  Also, you've pointed out that names like
zh_pinyin.Big5 are not good names.  If you know a fifth or sixth problem,
please tell us.

I'd say that these technical problems are the main obstacles, not the
compliance to standards.  Yes, if standard defines something and we do not
follow it, then we are a bad guy because we will not be interoperable with
other systems.  But if the standard simply didn't define something that we
want to use, we simply have to find some place to have our task done.

Regards,
Isaac.