Uploaded ntop 1.2a7-11 (m68k) to erlangen
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 23:33:31 -0700
Distribution: stable unstable
Maintainer: Debian/m68k Build Daemon <firstname.lastname@example.org>
ntop - display network usage in top-like format
ntop (1.2a7-11) stable unstable; urgency=high
* GRAVE security hole, install immediatly!
* Ntop, when run in web mode, as root (this is typical use), can be
remotely exploited to gain root access. Disabled web mode. Preinst now
kills all ntop processes running in web mode.
* This is also exploitable if ntop is made suid/sgid -- allows local
users to obtain root. Ntop is not shipped this way, but suigregister
could be used by the admin to make it suid. The preinst now removes all
such bits, and suidregister can no longer control the program's
permissions. Also added a README.Debian about this.
* Reference: http://lwn.net/2000/0824/a/fb-ntop.php3
* Recommendation: Ntop currently has no maintainer in debian, and seems
to be full of security holes. After a reasonable period to allow
current installations to be updated to this version, it is my opinion
it should be removed from unstable.
* Closes: #69842.
f7a59747670500f5fc4d93412d43999d 196256 net optional ntop_1.2a7-11_m68k.deb
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.0.1 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Processed by Mailcrypt 3.5.5 and Gnu Privacy Guard <http://www.gnupg.org/>
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----