New Debian arm Packages
These arm packages were installed into the Debian hierarchy in the
----- !!! HIGH URGENCY PACKAGES !!! -----
boot-floppies - Scripts to create the Debian installation floppy set.
boot-floppies 2.1.6 -> 2.1.7 into dists/slink/main/binary-all/admin
boot-floppies 2.1.6 -> 2.1.7 into dists/potato/main/binary-all/admin
boot-floppies (2.1.7) unstable frozen; urgency=high
* Added readme.txt and debian.txt for sparc rescue floppy.
* Added sd[efgh] devices to the base system and scd devices to the
* Added ifuser to the drivers floppy and fgrep/grep "emulator" to the
* Release_notes now show the boot-floppies version.
* Removed azerty.map.gz. fr-latin1-map.gz should be used instead.
* Updated master selections list for non-i386 arches.
* Updated croatian, esperanto, german and spanish translations.
* Improved inittab for serial consoles.
* Improved support for NFSROOT installs.
* Removed DirHandle.pm from the base system, as dpkg-ftp has been
* Added locales to the base system.
dpkg-http - Multiple URL access method for dselect
dpkg-http 0.18 -> 0.19 into dists/slink/main/binary-all/admin
dpkg-http 0.18 -> 0.19 into dists/potato/main/binary-all/admin
dpkg-http (0.19) frozen unstable; urgency=high
* #33010: dpkg-http: Upgrade from hamm to slink fails
* Added Pre-Dependency on libhtml-parser-perl and Suggests: apt
* Predependency abort message had sense of Y/N reversed
dpkg-multicd - Installation methods for multiple binary CDs
dpkg-multicd 0.13 -> 0.14 into dists/slink/main/binary-all/base
dpkg-multicd 0.13 -> 0.14 into dists/potato/main/binary-all/base
dpkg-multicd (0.14) frozen unstable; urgency=high, closes=32823
* Corrected readme (closes: Bug#32823)
* Applied patch to work with full cd description, otherwise it won't
work together with slink_cd. Thanks to Michael Schlueter
<email@example.com> for a patch.
exuberant-ctags - Reincarnation of the classic ctags(1): facilitates source navigat
exuberant-ctags 2.3.2-1 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/editors
grepmail - search mailboxes for mail matching an expression
grepmail 3.4-2 -> 3.4.1-4 into dists/slink/main/binary-all/mail
grepmail (3.4.1-4) frozen; urgency=HIGH
* Reupload for frozen only.
* Fixed multiple file in /tmp security holes that could delete data.
* Fixed multiple race conditions that could make private data public.
libtool - Generic library support script.
libtool 1.2-2 -> 1.2-3 into dists/slink/main/binary-all/devel
libtool 1.2-2 -> 1.2-3 into dists/potato/main/binary-all/devel
libtool (1.2-3) frozen unstable; urgency=high
* Make libtool package depend on c-compiler. Closes Bug#33105.
sysvinit - System-V like init.
sysvinit 2.76-2 -> 2.76-3 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/base
sysvinit (2.76-3) frozen unstable; urgency=high
* Small bugfix to last.c courtesy of Danek Duvall <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Recompile with latest libs, so dependency on libc6 (>= 2.0.7u) is gone.
* Fixes bugs:
#31601: sysvinit: Doesn't wipe new files from /tmp
#28132: checkroot.sh parsing of /etc/fstab is incorrect.
#29729: sysvinit: references wrong policy homepage
#27949: last: should use down instead of crash
----- MEDIUM Urgency Packages -----------
cflow - C function call hierarchy analyzer
cflow 2.0-12.1 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/devel
intlfonts-arabic - International fonts for X -- Arabic.
intlfonts-asian - International fonts for X -- Asian.
intlfonts-chinese - International fonts for X -- Chinese.
intlfonts-chinese-big - International fonts for X -- Chinese big.
intlfonts-european - International fonts for X -- European.
intlfonts-japanese - International fonts for X -- Japanese.
intlfonts-japanese-big - International fonts for X -- Japanese big.
intlfonts-phonetic - International fonts for X -- Phonetic Alphabet.
intlfonts-arabic 1.1-1 -> 1.1-2 into dists/slink/main/binary-all/x11
intlfonts-arabic 1.1-1 -> 1.1-2 into dists/potato/main/binary-all/x11
intlfonts-asian 1.1-1 -> 1.1-2 into dists/slink/main/binary-all/x11
intlfonts-asian 1.1-1 -> 1.1-2 into dists/potato/main/binary-all/x11
intlfonts-chinese-big 1.1-1 -> 1.1-2 into dists/slink/main/binary-all/x11
intlfonts-chinese-big 1.1-1 -> 1.1-2 into dists/potato/main/binary-all/x11
intlfonts-chinese 1.1-1 -> 1.1-2 into dists/slink/main/binary-all/x11
intlfonts-chinese 1.1-1 -> 1.1-2 into dists/potato/main/binary-all/x11
intlfonts-european 1.1-1 -> 1.1-2 into dists/slink/main/binary-all/x11
intlfonts-european 1.1-1 -> 1.1-2 into dists/potato/main/binary-all/x11
intlfonts-japanese-big 1.1-1 -> 1.1-2 into dists/slink/main/binary-all/x11
intlfonts-japanese-big 1.1-1 -> 1.1-2 into dists/potato/main/binary-all/x11
intlfonts-japanese 1.1-1 -> 1.1-2 into dists/slink/main/binary-all/x11
intlfonts-japanese 1.1-1 -> 1.1-2 into dists/potato/main/binary-all/x11
intlfonts-phonetic 1.1-1 -> 1.1-2 into dists/slink/main/binary-all/x11
intlfonts-phonetic 1.1-1 -> 1.1-2 into dists/potato/main/binary-all/x11
intlfonts (1.1-2) frozen unstable; urgency=medium
* Dependency on `xbase (>= 3.3-1) | xserver' changed.
This dependency was wrong, because:
- `xbase' no more contains `mkfontdir', it is in `xbase-clients'.
- I have heard `xbase' is an upgrade only package, which should be
removed after the upgrade. Former dependency might not permit it.
* Dependency on xserver removed.
* Suggest `xfs | xserver'.
* Dependencies are similar to Branden's X font packages now.
ipmasq - Initializes IP Masquerade firewalling/forwarding
ipmasq 3.3.0 -> 3.3.1 into dists/potato/main/binary-all/net
ipmasq (3.3.1) unstable; urgency=medium
* Fixed A00sanitycheck.def & 2.2 bug (#33239)
* Added another example dhcpd rule (#33236)
xfntbig5p-cmex24m - Standard Big5+ Chinese 24x24 Ming font by CMEX and DynaLab for X
xfntbig5p-cmex24m 0.1-2 -> 0.1-3 into dists/slink/main/binary-all/x11
xfntbig5p-cmex24m 0.1-2 -> 0.1-3 into dists/potato/main/binary-all/x11
xfntbig5p-cmex24m (0.1-3) frozen unstable; urgency=medium
- Now Depends: on xbase-clients instead of xbase | xserver
to comply with the Debian XFree86 Great Reorganization.
- Standards-Version: 220.127.116.11 (no change).
- Check to make sure that "$1" = "configure".
- Changed /tmp/fonts.alias to $fontdir/fonts.alias, thanks to
hints from Lintian.
* [postrm]: Modify /etc/X11/XF86Config only if the file exists.
----- Low Urgency Packages --------------
at - Delayed job execution and batch processing
at 3.1.8-2.1.1 -> 3.1.8-5 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/admin
at (3.1.8-5) unstable; urgency=low, closes=30796 29843
* Added proper support for time specified with AM/pm. Thanks to Julian
Gilbey <email@example.com> (closes: Bug#30796)
* Added more system accounts to at.deny file (closes: Bug#29843)
bsdutils - Basic utilities from 4.4BSD-Lite.
bsdutils 4.3 -> 18.104.22.168 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/base
bsdutils (22.214.171.124) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* Recompile to fix dependencies. Now depends on libc6, with no
cron - management of regular background processing
cron 3.0pl1-45 -> 3.0pl1-50 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/admin
cron (3.0pl1-50) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* Fixed rules file *again* so that crontab suidness doesn't get
stepped on by debhelper under certain kernel versions.
cruft - Find any cruft built up on your system
cruft 0.9.4.1 -> 0.9.5 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/admin
cruft (0.9.5) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* Fix bashism in postinst (Closes #27541)
* No longer reports one letter file names as cruft (Closes #23773)
* Merge NMU's (Closes #23523)
* Made manpage match actual options. (Closes #21730)
* Don't report alternative targets as missing
* Added some extra information to /usr/doc/README (as requested in,
but not closing, #21987)
* Changed home_ftp explanation to check for an ftp user in
/etc/passwd, and to do nothing if no ftp directory was found (thanks
to David Frey for /etc/passwd bit) (Closes #24339)
* Fix bashism (avoid ash bug?) in cruft ([ ""$FOO = "" ] doesn't
work as expected) (Closes #28593)
cygnus-stylesheets - Cygnus' flavor of docbook stylesheets
cygnus-stylesheets 0.7-1 -> 0.7-2 into dists/potato/main/binary-all/text
cygnus-stylesheets (0.7-2) unstable; urgency=low
* fix sgml.catalog problem; don't install $(DSSSLdir)/sgml.catalog, and
correctly munge /usr/doc/cygnus-stylesheets/cygnus-catalog (closes
* README.Debian: be a little less opinionated
* copyright: corrected; remove Norm's copyright since we aren't shipping
data-dumper - Store and retrieve perl data structures
data-dumper 2.09-1.1 -> 2.10-2 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/base
data-dumper (2.10-2) unstable; urgency=low closes=26567
* Upstream fix for Joey's bug (closes: bug#26567)
dbuild - Tool for building Debian binary packages from Debian sources
dbuild 1.11 -> 1.12 into dists/potato/main/binary-all/devel
dbuild (1.12) unstable; urgency=low
* debian/rules: Added symlink for run-dbuild.1.
debhelper - helper programs for debian/rules
debhelper 1.2.34 -> 1.2.35 into dists/potato/main/binary-all/devel
debhelper (1.2.35) unstable; urgency=low
* Dh_Lib.pm filearray(): Deal with multiple spaces and spaces at the
beginning of lines in files. (closes: #33161)
debian-keyring - PGP and GnuPG keys of Debian Developers
debian-keyring 1999.01.30 -> 1999.02.06 into dists/slink/contrib/binary-all/misc
debian-keyring 1999.01.30 -> 1999.02.06 into dists/potato/contrib/binary-all/misc
debian-keyring (1999.02.06) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* debian/control: s/GNUPG/GnuPG/g.
* debian/copyright: ditto, updated and sanitized.
* Sun, 31 Jan 1999 13:40:27 +0000: [GnuPG/JT] Added the key of Manoj Srivastava.
* Sun, 31 Jan 1999 14:16:06 +0000: [GnuPG/JT] Added the key of Steve McIntyre.
* Mon, 1 Feb 1999 23:46:35 +0000: [PGP/JT] Updated the key of Per Lundberg.
* Mon, 1 Feb 1999 23:53:55 +0000: [PGP/JT] Updated the key of James Van Zandt.
* Wed, 3 Feb 1999 00:33:51 +0000: [PGP/JT] Added the key of Matthew Vernon.
* Sat, 6 Feb 1999 23:28:31 +0000: [PGP/JT] Updated the key of Josip Rodin.
* Sat, 6 Feb 1999 23:30:35 +0000: [PGP/JT] Added the Debian Security
team's contact key.
* Sat, 6 Feb 1999 23:33:35 +0000: [PGP/JT] Updated the key of Norbert Veber.
* Sat, 6 Feb 1999 23:34:46 +0000: [PGP/JT] Updated the key of Kevin Dalley.
* Sun, 7 Feb 1999 00:13:18 +0000: [PGP/JT] Updated the key of Brian Ermovick.
* Sun, 7 Feb 1999 00:13:39 +0000: [PGP/JT] Updated the key of Kikutani Makoto.
debian-keyring - PGP and GnuPG keys of Debian Developers
debian-keyring 1999.02.06 -> 1999.02.14 into dists/potato/contrib/binary-all/misc
debian-keyring (1999.02.14) unstable; urgency=low
* Moved to weekly releases on Sunday as it's much more likely to get
done then given my current work schedule.
* Sun, 7 Feb 1999 11:16:35 +0000: [PGP/JT] Updated the key of Bdale Garbee.
* Sun, 7 Feb 1999 11:16:50 +0000: [PGP/JT] Added the alternate key of Bdale Garbee.
* Sun, 7 Feb 1999 16:38:04 +0000: [PGP/JT] Added the key of Vaidhyanathan Mayilrangam.
* Sun, 7 Feb 1999 16:58:03 +0000: [PGP/JT] Added the key of Randolph Chung.
* Sun, 7 Feb 1999 16:59:05 +0000: [PGP/JT] Updated the key of Joey Hess.
* Sun, 7 Feb 1999 17:17:31 +0000: [PGP/JT] Added the key of Peter Makholm.
* Sun, 7 Feb 1999 17:23:33 +0000: [PGP/JT] Added the key of Fernando Sanchez.
* Sun, 14 Feb 1999 10:59:21 +0000: [PGP/JT] Updated the key of Vaidhyanathan Mayilrangam.
* Sun, 14 Feb 1999 11:00:57 +0000: [PGP/JT] Updated the key of Fernando Sanchez.
* Sun, 14 Feb 1999 11:01:28 +0000: [PGP/JT] Updated the key of Dale Scheetz.
* Sun, 14 Feb 1999 11:01:54 +0000: [PGP/JT] Updated the key of Ian Jackson.
* Sun, 14 Feb 1999 11:02:15 +0000: [PGP/JT] Updated the key of Tor Slettnes.
* Sun, 14 Feb 1999 11:03:35 +0000: [PGP/JT] Updated the key of Randolph Chung.
* Sun, 14 Feb 1999 11:04:17 +0000: [PGP/JT] Updated the key of David Huggins-Daines.
debianutils - Miscellaneous utilities specific to Debian.
debianutils 1.9 -> 1.11 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/base
debianutils (1.11) unstable; urgency=low
* Fixed examples in mktemp.1, closes: #27428.
* installkernel - don't run psupdate as it's obsolete, closes: #29879.
* savelog - be POSIX, closes: #31780.
developers-reference - Debian Developer's Reference
developers-reference 2.5.0 -> 2.6.0 into dists/slink/main/binary-all/doc
developers-reference 2.5.0 -> 2.6.0 into dists/potato/main/binary-all/doc
developers-reference (2.6.0) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* would be nice to sneak this into slink; it's just documentation!
* Ch. "Porting and Being Ported": porter information broken out into it's
own chapter, Sec. "Guidelines for Porter Uploads" and "When to do a
source NMU if you are a porter" moved to this chapter; porter tool
descriptions such as 'quinn-diff' moved to this section. Sec. "Being
Kind to Porters" added, with tips for how to avoid making problems for
* Ch. "Non-Maintainer Uploads (NMUs)": update for the new chapter, and
tighten up the language a bit
* Sec. "Monitoring bugs": add a little cron job to get an 'index maint'
of outstanding bugs (closes Bug#31259), loosen language a tiny bit
w.r.t. non-maintainers or submitters closing bugs (closes Bug#30394)
* Sec. "Scope of This Document": point out that this file is not
* Ch. "Handling Bugs": renamed from "Handling Bug Reports", incorporate
some suggestions from James Troup, namely, don't mail from your root
account, don't close bugs via firstname.lastname@example.org; break out new
sections, "Submitting Bugs" and "Responding to Bugs"
* Ch. "Overview of Debian Maintainer Tools": remove attribution for
package maintainers, since I can't keep up; add entries for fakeroot
* Ch. "Maintaining Your Debian Information": new chapter, quite small
right now; it mentions email@example.com for key modification,
warns against putting private keys on multi-user machines, and talks
about how to depart Debian gracefully
* typo correction from Christian Hudon (closes Bug#32052)
* menu file removed, obsoleted by doc-base file
* parameterize some often-changing values with SGML entities, update
number of available packages
* use new way of notating multiple copyrights
* change <tt> elements to <file> where appropriate
developers-reference (126.96.36.199) unstable; urgency=low
* add version.ent to docdir, needed to reconstruct from SGML
developers-reference (188.8.131.52) unstable; urgency=low
* not officially released
* more spelling corrections
* s/ppc/powerpc/ (thanks, James Troup)
developers-reference (184.108.40.206) unstable; urgency=low
* not officially released
* Sec. "Removing a package from Incoming": tiny section added
* some PGP-centricity removed
* Sec. "Adopting a package": point out that hijacking packages is not ok
* Ch. "Non-Maintainer Uploads (NMUs) and Porters": change 'NMU' to
'source NMU', 'port' to 'binary NMU', shorten the window for porters a
tad; fix spelling; stress that non-maintainer patches must be
non-disruptive and that aesthetic issues are not suitable for fixing
by non-maintainers; other fixes as suggested by interested parties
developers-reference (220.127.116.11) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* not officially released
* maintainer name change (but it's still me)
* Ch. "Non-Maintainer Uploads (NMUs) and Porters": new chapter
discussing NMUs and porters; Section "Interim Releases" integrated out
of existance. New TOC for this section is:
* 6 Non-Maintainer Uploads (NMUs) and Porters
+ 6.1 Who can do a port or an NMU
+ 6.2 When to do a port or an NMU
o 6.2.1 When to do an NMU if you are a porter
+ 6.3 How to do an NMU
o 6.3.1 NMU version numbering
o 6.3.2 NMUs must create a changelog entry
o 6.3.3 NMUs must send patches, if any, to the BTS
o 6.3.4 Building the NMU
+ 6.4 Guidelines for Porters
* Sec. "Maintainer changes": renamed to "Adopting a package" and moved
to Chapter "Moving, Removing, Renaming, Adopting, and Orphaning
* Sec. "Reporting lots of bugs at once": more forcefully deprecate this
* Sec. "Adopting a package": mention that the BTS maintainer update can
take a couple of weeks
* Sec. "Overview of Debian Maintainer Tools": give credit where credit
is due and attribute current maintainers; add `apt'; add `quinn-diff';
add mention of as yet unreleased 'buildd' package, since I'm so
excited about it and can't wait
* Sec. "Removing packages": talk about how apt-cache can be used to look
at reverse depends, a good step to take prior to removing a package
from the archive
* show *full* TOC, including sect2
* of course the obligatory typo, grammar, and spelling corrections
* Makefile: small changes to accomodate DDP autobuild
* debian/dirs: obsolete, removed
* debian/rules: use changelog date for SGML timestamping, not current date
dftp - Alternative Debian package manager
dftp 4.6-2 -> 4.7-1 into dists/potato/main/binary-all/admin
dftp (4.7-1) unstable; urgency=low
* It now works to run 'dftp install=...' after 'dftp select'. In the
past, the install= cleared out all previously selected packages.
* 'dftp clean' now also removes .debs that are installed but are named
name_version_arch.deb (e.g. downloaded from Incoming).
* ftp now can handle multiple versions of the same package in the input
Packages files. It picks the newest available version.
* Now the internal version comparison function is always used by
default, because it's *much* faster than calling dpkg all the time.
There's a new option --correct-version-compare to force use of dpkg
--compare-versions if needed.
diff - File comparison utilities
diff 2.7-17 -> 2.7-18 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/base
diff (2.7-18) unstable; urgency=low
* Pre-Depends line not hardcoded anymore (bug #23296).
* Rewritten debian/rules. Now it makes install (bug #23297).
* Converted .texi to HTML, now in a separate package.
* Source: moved manpages to the debian directory.
* Added the file NEWS to the doc directory.
* Updated copyright file.
* Pristine source.
* Added md5sums.
* New maintainer.
dpkg-ftp - Ftp method for dselect.
dpkg-ftp 1.6.1 -> 1.6.2 into dists/potato/main/binary-all/base
dpkg-ftp (1.6.2) unstable; urgency=low
* Make it perl5.005 compliant (ie added a use lib call so that perl5.005
will still find the DpkgFtp module).
ed - The classic unix line editor
ed 0.2-16 -> 0.2-17 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/editors
ed (0.2-17) unstable; urgency=low
* debian/control (Standards-Version): updated to 18.104.22.168.
* debian/control (Maintainer): new address.
* debian/copyright: ditto.
* debian/rules: force definition of HAVE_SIGSETJMP in config.h to work
around the problem of autoconf not detecting it (due to it being a
* Makefile.in: don't compile in libed.a as it's redundant old code
superseded by code in glibc. This reduces the ed binary by 23k.
Thanks to Topi Miettinen <Topi.Miettinen@ml.tele.fi> for the
* glbl.c (exec_global), io.c (read_stream, get_stream_line), main.c
(main, exec_command, get_matching_node_addr, strip_escapes), re.c
(get_compiled_pattern), sub.c (extract_subst_template,
substitute_matching_text): parentheses to quiet -Wall.
elvis-tiny - Tiny vi compatible editor for the base system.
elvis-tiny 1.4-5 -> 1.4-7 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/base
elvis-tiny (1.4-7) unstable; urgency=low
* Link with ncurses4
exmh - An X user interface for MH mail.
exmh 2.0.2-4 -> 2.0.2-4slink1 into dists/slink/main/binary-all/mail
exmh (1:2.0.2-4slink1) frozen; urgency=low
* Make exmh useable with mh (fixes Bug#33227) Note that this is a
one-line fix. It is very unlikely to introduce worse bugs than it
exmh - An X user interface for MH mail.
exmh 2.0.2-5 -> 2.0.2-6 into dists/potato/main/binary-all/mail
exmh (1:2.0.2-6) unstable; urgency=low
* Make exmh useable with mh (fixes Bug#33227)
flex - A fast lexical analyzer generator.
flex 2.5.4a-2 -> 2.5.4a-3 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/devel
flex (2.5.4a-3) unstable; urgency=low
* Added HTML docs, in a separate package.
fonter - Interactive font editor for the console
fonter 1.5-2 -> 1.7-4 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/editors
fonter (1.7-4) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* Resolved the sloppy.fnt license issue (fixes Bug#29671)
grepmail - search mailboxes for mail matching an expression
grepmail 3.4.1-2 -> 3.5-1 into dists/potato/main/binary-all/mail
grepmail (3.5-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream release that fixes the tmpfile problem, but not the race
conditions. Re-applied my security patch.
* Fixed author's home page address on man page.
gzip - The GNU compression utility.
gzip 1.2.4-27 -> 1.2.4-29 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/base
gzip (1.2.4-29) unstable; urgency=low
* apply patch from Vincent Renardias that improves behavior when trying to
decompress a corrupted .gz file. Closes 7472, 16385
hexedit - view and edit files in hexadecimal or in ASCII.
hexedit 0.9.3-1 -> 1.1.0-1 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/editors
hexedit (1.1.0-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream version
ipmasq - Initializes IP Masquerade firewalling/forwarding
ipmasq 3.2.5 -> 3.3.0 into dists/potato/main/binary-all/net
ipmasq (3.3.0) unstable; urgency=low
* Fixed `function' bashism in A04functions.def (reported by Shaleh
* Fixed bashism in debian/postinst (#32360)
* Fixed sed magic to remove semicolons (#31285)
* Added --help and --version flags to ipmasq
* Implement loading of modules with the ipmasq-kmod script and
/etc/ipmasq/modules file (#26754)
* Cleaned up double-grep in default-if (Thanks to Piotr Roszatycki
* Added A00sanitycheck.def to check if the needed kernel features
have been enabled (Thanks to Karsten Mueller <firstname.lastname@example.org>)
* Added patch to A01interfaces.def to display interface info if
$SHOWRULES is yes (Thanks again, Karsten)
* Fixed A01interfaces.def to eliminate duplicates (Karsten, yet again)
joe - Joe's Own Editor - A Free ASCII-Text Screen Editor for UN*X
joe 2.8-10 -> 2.8-12 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/editors
joe (2.8-12) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* rebuilt against version independent libc6 and the newest ncurses4
* added the end key patch to the jstarrc file: fixes 24948
* added the end key patch to the other rc files to avoid further bugs
* fixed minor typo in description: fixes 18946
* applied patch changing int to long for alpha port: fixes 21138
kbd - Linux console font and keytable utilities.
kbd 0.96a-11 -> 0.96a-13 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/base
kbd (0.96a-13) unstable; urgency=low
* (Re-)included other-latin0.inc from EURO.tgz.
* Minor fixes to debian/rules.
* Included ro.kmap (Romanian ?) and sr.kmap (Serbian) from
console-tools.rpm, thanks to Jakub Jelinek).
* Install .desc files in the correct locations, so that kbdconfig gives
meaningfull messages when navigating the keymaps tree (discovered when
reading report for Bug#32338 ;).
* Fixed kbdconfig not to remove the just-created empty default.map so
that it really knows on upgrades when the admin already told that no
keymap should be loaded (discovered when looking for Bug#32338).
* Do not run "loadkeys -d" in kbdconfig when a user tells that no keymap
should be loaded. Print a message instead saying that if there is
already a keymap loaded, it cannot be unloaded (Fixes: Bug#32338).
ldso - The Linux dynamic linker, library and utilities.
ldso 1.9.9-5 -> 1.9.10-1 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/base
ld.so (1.9.10-1) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* Changed ldconfig to issue a warning and not overwrite a
regular file with a symlink (Bug#30859).
* Changed Debian packaging to conflict with and replace the
ldconfig package (Bug#29398).
libmldbm-perl - MLDBM perl module
libmldbm-perl 2.00-2 -> 2.00-3 into dists/potato/main/binary-all/interpreters
libmldbm-perl (2.00-3) unstable; urgency=low
* Corrected the dependencies so that switching to perl5.005 does not
libnet-perl - Implementation of Internet protocols for Perl
libnet-perl 1.0605-1 -> 1.0606-1 into dists/potato/main/binary-all/base
libnet-perl (1.0606-1) unstable; urgency=low
* perl-base doesn't provide all necessary modules, must depend on perl (closes: bug#32603)
* Corrected inet_domain entry in debian/Config.pm (closes: bug#27742)
* Changed dependency to allow perl >= 5.005 to provide data-dumper (closes: bug#27542)
* Closing long ago dealt-with bug (closes: bug#18328)
* Added recommends libnet-telnet-perl, since this has been split off of libnet-perl
libtool - Generic library support script.
libtool 1.2-3 -> 1.2d-1 into dists/potato/main/binary-all/devel
libtool (1.2d-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream release. (closes: #31851)
* Upstream release now incorporates shared library dependencies.
* Add dhelp documentation index support. (closes: #31179)
* Postinst script now handles standard options.
* Move postrm to prerm.
* Add mdemo.tar.gz to /usr/doc/libtool/examples.
mailtools - Manipulate email in perl programs
mailtools 1.11-2 -> 1.12-1 into dists/potato/main/binary-all/mail
mailtools (1.12-1) unstable; urgency=low
* Update description (closes: bug#17079)
* Mail::Address was rewritten to try and avoid taking arbitrarily long periods of time (closes: bug#31786)
make - The GNU version of the "make" utility.
make 3.76.1-8 -> 3.77-5 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/devel
make (3.77-5) unstable; urgency=low
* Fixed a minor typo in documentation. fixes: BUG#31506
manpages - Man pages about using a Linux system.
manpages-dev - Linux-development man pages.
manpages-dev 1.22-1 -> 1.22-2 into dists/slink/main/binary-all/doc
manpages-dev 1.22-1 -> 1.22-2 into dists/potato/main/binary-all/doc
manpages 1.22-1 -> 1.22-2 into dists/slink/main/binary-all/doc
manpages 1.22-1 -> 1.22-2 into dists/potato/main/binary-all/doc
manpages (1.22-2) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* Fixed upstream archive location.
* getdents(2): Added `#include <linux/types.h>'. Fixes bug #21427.
* ctime(3): Removed reference to non-existant newctime(3).
Fixes bug #30493.
* daemon(3): Added from BSD manpage. Fixes bugs #16381, #28976.
* getsockopt(3): Removed duplicated text. Fixes bug #30516.
* strftime(3): Added "%C". Fixes bug #32151.
* hier(7): Added info about /usr/share and a note about /usr/src.
* man(7): Fixed FILES section. Fixes bug #31537.
* lilo(8): Removed from package, is now included in the lilo package.
Fixes bugs #32349, #32585.
memstat - Identify what's using up virtual memory.
memstat 0.1-1 -> 0.1-3 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/admin
memstat (0.1-3) unstable; urgency=low
* removed double /usr/local/bin in conffile (Bug#22674)
* moved man page to section 1 and meminfo -> memstat (Bug#23096)
* added debian/conffiles to .deb archives control dir (Bug#27818)
modutils - Linux module utilities.
modutils 2.1.121-13 -> 2.1.121-18 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/base
modutils (2.1.121-18) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* Made ppp-compress-26 an alias for slhc so 2.1/2.2 kernels stop
complaining (Bug# 32609)
* Fix a typo in depmod(8) (Bug# 15598)
* Really make i386 a conffile now (important Bug# 32306)
nvi - 4.4BSD re-implementation of vi.
nvi 1.79-5 -> 1.79-9 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/editors
nvi (1.79-9) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* In nviboot, change invocation of sendmail to be in background,
so that lack of DNS won't hang boot. (closes:Bug#29977)
* In debian/rules, move definition of CC so that it can be overridden
by the user. Also re-commented DH_VERBOSE. (closes:Bug#31794)
* Don't print unnecessary warning about moving conffile in preinst.
popt - C library for parsing command line parameters
popt 1.1.1-2 -> 1.1.1-3 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/devel
popt (1.1.1-3) unstable; urgency=low
* Now popt builds properly from clean sources. Fixes: 25581, 26277.
psmisc - Utilities that use the proc filesystem
psmisc 17-1 -> 18-1 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/admin
psmisc (18-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream source
* Doesn't try to print null string for proc names (Bug #23645 )
pwgen - Automatic Password generation
pwgen 1-11 -> 1-13 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/admin
pwgen (1-13) unstable; urgency=low
* install pwgen in mode 755, not 555.
sac - Login accounting
sac 1.7-1 -> 1.8b6-1 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/admin
sac (1.8b6-1) unstable; urgency=low
* new upstream release; Fix:
#23069: Issuing 'sac -r' seg faults and dumps core.
#18537: sac: segfault with sac -c.
#17143: sac - return type of main in not int.
#18536: sac: minor formatting problem.
#15520: sac: Broken stats.
sed - The GNU sed stream editor.
sed 3.01-3 -> 3.02-2 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/base
sed (3.02-2) unstable; urgency=low
* Include errno.h if it exists (Bug# 31324)
super - Execute commands setuid root
super 3.11.6-1 -> 3.11.6-3 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/admin
super (3.11.6-3) unstable; urgency=low, closes=27328 27323
* Corrected cdmount/cdumount example (closes: Bug#27328)
* Removed some offending code which made super segfault when called with
-d and -D (closes: Bug#27323)
sysklogd - Kernel and system logging daemons
sysklogd 1.3-26 -> 1.3-31 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/base
sysklogd (1.3-31) frozen unstable; urgency=low, closes=28629 30093 31494 30462
* ``-m 0'' turns off -- MARK -- now. (closes: Bug#28629, Bug#31494)
* Changed Greg's e-mail address to represent his current one.
* Shortened line length for kernel logging slightly.
* Corrected return value of AddModule (closes: Bug#30093)
* Finally fixed an error with `-a' processing, thanks to Topi Miettinen
<email@example.com> (closes: Bug#30462)
syslog-summary - Summarize the contents of a syslog log file.
syslog-summary 1.3.1 -> 1.7 into dists/potato/main/binary-all/admin
syslog-summary (1.7) unstable; urgency=low
* Made sure md5obj was defined when not using states.
tkman - A graphical, hypertext, manual page browser.
tkman 2.0.6-3 -> 2.0.6-3.1 into dists/potato/non-free/binary-all/doc
tkman (2.0.6-3.1) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* Orphaning the package. Hopefully this will make it obvious I don't
want to work on this package any more.
* Expanded a wildcard in debian/docs
tmpreaper - Cleans up files in directories based on their age
tmpreaper 1.4.7 -> 1.4.8 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/admin
tmpreaper (1.4.8) unstable; urgency=low
* New maintainer.
* Updated Standards-Version to 22.214.171.124.
* Changed priority to extra, as you really only need this package if you
have specialised requirements (i.e. a system with untrusted users).
* Nothing significant changed, a couple of messages fixed to be more
similar to the rest.
* Converted C++ - style comments to plain C comments, as this isn't C++
upsd - UPS Monitor Program
upsd 1.0-5 -> 1.0-8 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/admin
upsd (1.0-8) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* fix syntax error in init.d fragment. Closes 31402.
wmakerconf-data - Datafile for wmakerconf, a configuration tool for Window Maker
wmakerconf-data 0.20.3-0.1 -> 0.51.0-1 into dists/potato/main/binary-all/x11
wmakerconf-data (0.51.0-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream version
* New Maintainer
* Rewrote the rules file
* Now uses substvars rather than control.in
* Updated to Standards version 126.96.36.199 (no changes)
* s/WindowMaker/Window Maker/ in control
----- New Packages ----------------------
acs - Al's Circuit Simulator
acs 021-2.3 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/electronics
an - Very fast anagram generator.
an 0.93-1.1 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/games
anacron - a cron-like program that doesn't go by time
anacron 2.0.1-1.1 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/admin
apcd - APC Smart UPS daemon
apcd 0.5a.nr-2 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/admin
atari-fdisk-cross - Partition editor for Atari (running on non-Atari)
atari-fdisk-cross 0.7.1-1 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/otherosfs
avra - Assembler for Atmel AVR microcontrollers
avra 0.2-1 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/electronics
avrp - Programmer for Atmel AVR microcontrollers
avrp 1.0beta3-1 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/electronics
beav - Binary Editor And Viewer (beav)
beav 1.40-13 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/editors
bible-kjv - King James Version of the Bible: user interface program.
bible-kjv 4.00-7 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/doc
binutils-m68k-linux - GNU binutils for cross compiling m68k-linux binaries.
binutils-m68k-linux 188.8.131.52.12-1 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/devel
blackjack - Very simple blackjack game
blackjack 1.0-2 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/games
blitz++ - C++ template class library for scientific computing
blitz++ 0.4.2-1 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/devel
byacc - The Berkeley LALR parser generator
byacc 1.9-11.7 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/devel
c2man-wine - WINE-specific version of c2man
c2man-wine 2.41-980719-1 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/devel
c2man - Graham Stoney's mechanized man page generator
c2man 2.41-10 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/devel
casio - CASIO diary backup utility.
casio 2.2-4 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/comm
ccmalloc - A memory profiler/debugger
ccmalloc 0.2.3-4 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/devel
conf - Backend configuration tool for scripts
conf 1.0-1 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/admin
crashme - Stress tests operating system stability
crashme 2.4-3 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/devel
crossfire-server - Server for Crossfire Games
crossfire-server 0.95.0-2 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/games
diffstat - produces graph of changes introduced by a diff file
diffstat 1.27-1 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/devel
dvorak7min - Typing tutor for dvorak keyboards
dvorak7min 1.1-1 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/games
empire-hub - Empire protocol multiplexer
empire-hub 1.0.1 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/games
f77reorder - f77 compiler script calling f2c/gcc.
f77reorder 2.27-2 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/devel
fbset - Framebuffer device maintenance program.
fbset 2.0-2 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/admin
fda - C malloc debug library
fda 1.0-2 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/devel
filters - a collection of filters, including B1FF and the swedish chef
filters 2.0 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/games
fortune-mod - Fortune cookies provided upon demand.
fortunes - Datafiles containing fortune cookies
fortunes-min - Datafiles containing fortune cookies
fortunes-off - Datafiles containing offensive fortune cookies
fortune-mod 9708-10 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/games
fortunes-min 9708-10 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/games
fortunes-off 9708-10 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/games
fortunes 9708-10 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/games
ftp-upload - put files with FTP from a script
ftp-upload 0.1 into dists/potato/main/binary-all/net
genpower - Monitor UPS and handle line power failures
genpower 1.0.1-8 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/admin
genromfs - This is the mkfs equivalent for romfs filesystem
genromfs 0.3-1 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/admin
giftrans - Convert any GIF file into a GIF89a.
giftrans 1.12.2-4 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/graphics
gnuchess - Plays a game of chess, either against the user or against itself.
gnuchess-book - A huge openings book for Gnuchess.
gnuchess-book 4.0.pl79-1 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/games
gnuchess 4.0.pl79-1 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/games
gnugo - Plays the game of Go (Wei-Chi).
gnugo 1.2-5 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/games
gnushogi - The Japanese version of chess.
gnushogi 1.2p03-7 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/games
hdparm - Tune hard disk parameters for high performance.
hdparm 3.5-1 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/admin
hello-debhelper - The classic greeting, and a good example
hello-debhelper 1.3-14.3 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/devel
hello - The classic greeting, and a good example
hello 1.3-14.3 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/devel
hp48cc - C-like compiler which produces HP48 RPN
hp48cc 1.0-5 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/devel
hpscanpbm - HP ScanJet scanning utility
hpscanpbm 0.3a-10 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/graphics
icom - Software control for ICOM radios
icom 19980709-1 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/hamradio
indent - C language source code formatting program
indent 2.0-1 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/devel
libdatecalc-perl - Perl library for accessing dates
libdatecalc-perl 4.2-3 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/interpreters
libgsm-bin - User binaries for a GSM speech compressor.
libgsm1 - Shared libraries for GSM speech compressor.
libgsm1-dev - Development libraries for a GSM speech compressor.
libgsm-bin 1.0.10-9 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/devel
libgsm1-dev 1.0.10-9 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/devel
libgsm1 1.0.10-9 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/libs
mgt - a game record display/editor for the oriental game of go
mgt 2.31-1.2 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/games
nana - GNU Nana -- improved support for assertions and logging
nana 2.1-3 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/devel
nasm - General-purpose x86 assembler
nasm 0.97-1.2 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/devel
netenv - Configure your system for different network environments.
netenv 0.82-8 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/admin
netris - A free, networked version of T*tris
netris 0.4-3 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/games
nqc - Not Quite C compiler for LEGO Mindstorms RCX
nqc 1.0b4-5 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/devel
open - start a program on a new virtual terminal (VT)
open 1.4-13 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/admin
opt - Options Parsing Tool shared library
opt 3.5-1 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/devel
p2c - Pascal to C translator
p2c 1.20-3 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/devel
prcs - The Project Revision Control System
prcs 1.2.11-7 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/devel
pstoedit - PostScript and PDF files to editable vector graphics converter.
pstoedit 3.03-1 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/graphics
qstat - Command-line tool for querying quake servers
qstat 2.1z-2.1a-0.1 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/games
ratfor - Rational Fortran preprocessor for Fortran 77.
ratfor 1.0-5.2 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/devel
rcs - The GNU Revision Control System
rcs 5.7-11 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/devel
rolldice - A virtual dice roller
rolldice 1.3-1 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/games
rtlinux-doc - documentation on Real Time Linux
rtlinux-doc 1.0-1 into dists/potato/main/binary-all/doc
sorcerer - A simple tree parser generator.
sorcerer 1.0 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/devel
sted - Small/Stupid Text Editor.
sted 0.3.0-4 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/editors
sysadmin-guide - The Linux System Administrators' Guide
sysadmin-guide 0.6.1 into dists/potato/main/binary-all/doc
tf - Tinyfugue MUD client for TinyMUDs, DikuMUDs, and LPMUDs
tf 4.0g2-1 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/games
uqwk - Offline mail and news reader.
uqwk 1.8-2 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/comm
uutraf - an UUCP traffic analyzer and cost estimator
uutraf 1.1-5 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/admin
wordplay - anagram generator
wordplay 7.22-7 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/games
wvdial - PPP dialer with built-in intelligence.
wvdial 1.20 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/comm
wwl - Calculates distance and azimuth between two Maidenhead locators
wwl 1.1-1 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/hamradio
xmpuzzles - Collection of puzzles for X w/ lesstif
xpuzzles - Collection of puzzles for X
xmpuzzles 5.4.4-3 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/games
xpuzzles 5.4.4-3 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/games
xringd - Extended Ring Daemon - Monitor phone rings and take action.
xringd 1.20-1 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/comm
zile - "Zile is a lossy emacs" an emacs-like editor
zile 1.0a5-3 into dists/potato/main/binary-arm/editors