New Debian alpha Packages
These alpha packages were installed into the Debian hierarchy in the
----- !!! HIGH URGENCY PACKAGES !!! -----
bind - An Internet domain name server
dnsutils - Utilities for querying the DNS
bind 8.1.2-1 -> 8.1.2-2 into dists/hamm/main/binary-alpha/net
bind 8.1.2-1 -> 8.1.2-2 into dists/slink/main/binary-alpha/net
dnsutils 8.1.2-1 -> 8.1.2-2 into dists/hamm/main/binary-alpha/net
dnsutils 8.1.2-1 -> 8.1.2-2 into dists/slink/main/binary-alpha/net
bind (1:8.1.2-2) frozen unstable; urgency=high
* new maintainer
* update to latest standards revision
* the postinst/bindconfig process need to be completely reworked to
eliminate the BIND 4.x-isms, but it's too much to undertake before
hamm goes stable. Thus, this version attempts to slightly improve
behavior without making changes likely to open new bugs.
* if /etc/named.conf already exists, give the user a chance to bail out of
bindconfig before customizations get trashed. Closes 17671 (important).
* stop providing /etc/ppp/ip-up.d and ip-down.d fragments, at least until
we come up with a better way to handle the security and performance
issues. Closes 21743 (grave), and 23091 (important).
* stop providing /usr/doc/bind/checksums.txt, since calling pgp from within
debian/rules causes fakeroot problems. It's also unclear to me why this
is an important thing to do in the bind package if we're not doing it
anywhere else... Closes 15461.
* take the netgod.net special case out of the postinst, closes 21136.
* reviewed all open bugs, closed several old ones that are no longer
relevant, deferring the remainder to slink.
* Lintian clean, except for warnings about 'mx' and 'ns' representing
possible namespace pollution.
doc-base - Utilities to manage online documentation
doc-base 0.7.0 -> 0.7.1 into dists/hamm/main/binary-all/doc
doc-base 0.7.0 -> 0.7.1 into dists/slink/main/binary-all/doc
doc-base (0.7.1) frozen unstable; urgency=low (HIGH if you have problems
with quotes in document registration files)
* depend on recent Perl (closes Bug#21816)
* set umask explictly, so all files are -rw-r--r-- (closes Bug#22275)
* quote quotes for dwww-menu files (closes grave Bug#22990)
lynx - Text-mode WWW Browser
lynx 2.8-1 -> 2.8-2 into dists/hamm/main/binary-alpha/web
lynx 2.8-1.1 -> 2.8-2 into dists/slink/main/binary-alpha/web
lynx (2.8-2) frozen unstable; urgency=HIGH
* Applied patch to fix buffer overflows in LYMail.c (fixes bug #22165, 22154)
* Removed doscs/CHANGES2-10 files that had been used for testing
* Added section and priority to control file (fixes bug# 20420).
* Includes FSSTND-compliant compiled-in defaults for mime.types
and mailcap. (fixes bug #21441).
* Lynx now uses the first entry in the mailcap instead of the last one.
(fixes bugs #7595, 10247)
xadmin - A system admin/config tool for X-Windows.
xadmin 1.0.15-1 -> 1.0.15-2 into dists/hamm/main/binary-all/admin
xadmin (1.0.15-2) frozen; urgency=high
* Fixing grave Bug#23053: xadmin does not set perms correctly for /etc/shadow
----- MEDIUM Urgency Packages -----------
cfingerd - Configurable and secure finger daemon
cfingerd 1.3.2-8 -> 1.3.2-9 into dists/hamm/main/binary-alpha/net
cfingerd 1.3.2-8 -> 1.3.2-9 into dists/slink/main/binary-alpha/net
cfingerd (1.3.2-9) frozen unstable; urgency=medium, closes=21230 21566
* Corrected search_fake() which depended on 80 char strings but received
a 100 character one. (closes: Bug#21230)
* Protected defines.h with ifdef
* Added reference to new development team
* Added reference to new mailing list
* Changed error address to the new mailing list
* When the remote identd refuses the request cfingerd will handle this
correctly (closes: Bug#21566)
debmake - Debianizing Tool and automated binary generation
debmake 3.5.10 -> 3.5.11 into dists/hamm/main/binary-all/devel
debmake 3.5.10 -> 3.5.11 into dists/slink/main/binary-all/devel
debmake (3.5.11) frozen unstable; urgency=medium
* postinst calls ldconfig only when called with "configure" (Bug #23228).
* Do not generate buildinfo.Debian files anymore.
* Standards-Version: 2.4.1 (also in deb-make).
* Section: devel.
jadetex - LaTeX macros for SGML to DVI/PS conversion with Jade
jadetex 0.61-1.1 -> 0.61-1.2 into dists/hamm/main/binary-all/tex
jadetex 0.61-1.1 -> 0.61-1.2 into dists/slink/main/binary-all/tex
jadetex (0.61-1.2) frozen unstable; urgency=medium
* Non-maintainer release
* eliminate jadetex-texconfig for texconfig; use tetex's texconfig
instead. The old jadetex-texconfig is still in the source archive
though; hopefully it is no longer required.
(closes grave Bug#22688, Bug#22638, Bug#22639, Bug#22766)
* Note there are known cases, such as generating php-doc, where tetex
seems to run out of memory internally; I think this is a tetex-base
bug (report as a bug)
sysvinit - System-V like init.
sysvinit 2.75-1 -> 2.75-2 into dists/hamm/main/binary-alpha/base
sysvinit 2.75-1 -> 2.75-2 into dists/slink/main/binary-alpha/base
sysvinit (2.75-2) frozen unstable; urgency=medium
* Fix last.c again.
* Add check to see if /dev/initctl is really a FIFO
* In ifdown.c first down all shaper devices then the real devices
* Fixes bugs:
#22840: sysvinit (2.75-1): patch request for sparc
#22965: rcS is not sh independent
#22945: Problems with last ( bug in sysvinit package)?
#23005: sysvinit: [patch] install initreq.h for `genpowerd' patch.
----- Low Urgency Packages --------------
afbackup - Client-Server Backup System (Server side)
afbackup-client - Client-Server Backup System (Client side)
afbackup-client 2.11.5-3 -> 2.11.5-4 into dists/hamm/main/binary-alpha/utils
afbackup-client 2.11.5-3 -> 2.11.5-4 into dists/slink/main/binary-alpha/utils
afbackup 2.11.5-3 -> 2.11.5-4 into dists/hamm/main/binary-alpha/utils
afbackup 2.11.5-3 -> 2.11.5-4 into dists/slink/main/binary-alpha/utils
afbackup (2.11.5-4) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* added dependency on c-shell for the client package (reported by lintian;
it's needed for the afclientconfig script)
* included snippet of debian/rules in README.server.Debian to show the
configuration of the package if you want to build for a non-Debian
machine; suggested by Ossama Othman firstname.lastname@example.org
* changed default configuration files to include [Afbackup]: in the
header of afbackup mails; suggested by Christophe Broult
* state in README.client.Debian under which circumstances the configuration
files in /etc are used
afterstep - A window manager with the NEXTSTEP look and feel.
afterstep 1.4-6 -> 18.104.22.168-1 into dists/hamm/main/binary-alpha/x11
afterstep 1.4-6 -> 22.214.171.124-1 into dists/slink/main/binary-alpha/x11
afterstep (126.96.36.199-1) unstable frozen; urgency=low
* New upstream version
amanda-client - Advanced Maryland Automatic Network Disk Archiver (Client)
amanda-common - Advanced Maryland Automatic Network Disk Archiver (Libs)
amanda-server - Advanced Maryland Automatic Network Disk Archiver (Server)
amanda-client 2.4.0-1 -> 2.4.0-3 into dists/hamm/main/binary-alpha/utils
amanda-client 2.4.0-1 -> 2.4.0-3 into dists/slink/main/binary-alpha/utils
amanda-common 2.4.0-1 -> 2.4.0-3 into dists/hamm/main/binary-alpha/utils
amanda-common 2.4.0-1 -> 2.4.0-3 into dists/slink/main/binary-alpha/utils
amanda-server 2.4.0-1 -> 2.4.0-3 into dists/hamm/main/binary-alpha/utils
amanda-server 2.4.0-1 -> 2.4.0-3 into dists/slink/main/binary-alpha/utils
amanda (1:2.4.0-3) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* be consistent about pointing to /var/lib/amanda/amandates, closes 21811.
* be consistent about supporting suidregister.
* make sure user backup's home directory exists before using it in the
amanda-common postinst, closes 21897.
amd - The 4.4BSD automounter.
amd upl102-21 -> upl102-23 into dists/hamm/main/binary-alpha/net
amd upl102-21 -> upl102-23 into dists/slink/main/binary-alpha/net
amd (upl102-23) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* Make prerm/postinst scripts not exit with status 1 if no amd was running.
* Fix some node connection errors in texinfo source detected by new
cgi-scripts - Useful Common Gateway Interface scripts
cgi-scripts 1.0.7 -> 1.0.8 into dists/hamm/main/binary-alpha/web
cgi-scripts 1.0.7 -> 1.0.8 into dists/slink/main/binary-alpha/web
cgi-scripts (1.0.8) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* Added conflict with ncsa (<= 1.4.2-6) recommended by Richard
Braakman, to resolve bo->hamm file overlap.
* Converted from debmake to debhelper packaging technology.
* Fixed all lintian errors.
debhelper - helper programs for debian/rules
debhelper 0.88 -> 0.90 into dists/slink/main/binary-all/devel
debhelper (0.90) unstable; urgency=low
* I'd like to thank Len Pikulski and Igor Grobman at nothinbut.net for
providing me with free internet access on a moment's notice, so I could
get this package to you after hacking on it all over New England for the
past week. Thanks, guys!
* Added dh_debstd, which mimics the functionality of the debstd command.
It's not a complete nor an exact copy, and it's not so much intended to
be used in a debian/rules file, as it is to be run by hand when you are
converting a package from debstd to debhelper. "dh_debstd -v" will
output the sequence of debhelper commands that approximate what debstd
would do in the same situation.
* dh_debstd is completly untested, I don't have the source to any packages
that use debstd available. Once this is tested, I plan to release
* Added a from-debstd document that gives a recipe to convert from debstd
* dh_fixperms: can now use -X to exclude files from having their
* dh_testroot: test for uid == 0, instead of username == root, becuase
some people enjoy changing root's name.
* dh_installinit: handle debian/init.d as well as debian/init files,
for backwards compatability with debstd. Unlike with debstd, the two
files are treated identically.
* dh_lib, PROGRAMMING: added "warning" function.
* Minor man page fixes.
* dh_compress: don't bomb out if usr/doc/<package> is empty. (#23054)
* dh_compress, dh_installdirs: always cd into $TMP and back out, even if
--no-act is on. (#23054)
dpkg-repack - puts an unpacked .deb file back together
dpkg-repack 0.17 -> 0.18 into dists/slink/main/binary-all/admin
dpkg-repack (0.18) unstable; urgency=low
* Removed some debugging output I accidentially put in the last version.
* Workes now for packages that have filenames with spaces in them (like
* Checged the descripton to remove the "attempts to". It should always
idutch - The dutch dictionary for ispell, in new (August 1996) spelling.
wdutch - List of Dutch words in new (August 1996) spelling.
idutch 0.1e-4 -> 0.1e-5 into dists/hamm/main/binary-i386/text
idutch 0.1e-4 -> 0.1e-5 into dists/slink/main/binary-i386/text
wdutch 0.1e-4 -> 0.1e-5 into dists/hamm/main/binary-all/text
wdutch 0.1e-4 -> 0.1e-5 into dists/slink/main/binary-all/text
dutch (1:0.1e-5) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* Use Kenneth McDonald's example postinst and prerm for registering
idutch as an ispell dictionary.
* debian/rules: install new maintainer scripts for ispell.
(It didn't have any before).
* This should go into frozen, because the previous idutch is nonfunctional
unless someone installs another ispell dictionary as well. (Thus, it
fails to fulfill the "Provides: ispell-dictionary" that it promises.)
The maintainer scripts that were added were taken from ispanish, with
s/spanish/dutch/ everywhere, so they have been well tested elsewhere.
* This problem was found by the testing group.
eject - ejects CDs and operates CD-Changers under Linux
eject 1.5-5 -> 1.5-6 into dists/hamm/main/binary-alpha/misc
eject 1.5-6 into dists/slink/main/binary-alpha/misc
eject (1.5-6) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* Fix -u option for unmounting before ejecting. (#18234)
* Update to standards version 2.4.1.
fdutils - Linux floppy utilities
fdutils 5.2pl4-2 -> 5.2pl4-3 into dists/hamm/main/binary-alpha/utils
fdutils 5.2pl4-3 into dists/slink/main/binary-alpha/utils
fdutils (5.2pl4-3) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* Removed dh_du from debian/rules.
(Fixed Lintian error: fdutils: unknown-control-file du)
* Revised /usr/doc/fdutils/copyright.
(Fixed Lintian error: fdutils: copyright-refers-to-compressed-license
* Upgraded to standards version 188.8.131.52 (no changes).
gimp - The layers-based, non-Motif GNU Image Manipulation Program
gimp-nonfree - GIF and TIFF support for the GNU Image Manipulation Program
libgimp-dev - Header files for compiling plugins for The GIMP
libgimp1 - Libraries necessary to run the GIMP
gimp-nonfree 0.99.28-1 -> 1.0.0-1 into dists/hamm/non-free/binary-alpha/graphics
gimp-nonfree 0.99.28-1 -> 1.0.0-1 into dists/slink/non-free/binary-alpha/graphics
gimp 0.99.28-1 -> 1.0.0-1 into dists/hamm/main/binary-alpha/graphics
gimp 0.99.28-1 -> 1.0.0-1 into dists/slink/main/binary-alpha/graphics
libgimp-dev 0.99.28-1 -> 1.0.0-1 into dists/hamm/main/binary-alpha/devel
libgimp-dev 0.99.28-1 -> 1.0.0-1 into dists/slink/main/binary-alpha/devel
libgimp1 0.99.28-1 -> 1.0.0-1 into dists/hamm/main/binary-alpha/libs
libgimp1 0.99.28-1 -> 1.0.0-1 into dists/slink/main/binary-alpha/libs
gimp (1.0.0-1) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* We made it! All the way to 1.0.0! Huzzah!
imlib-dev - necessary headers for Imlib development
imlib-nonfree-dev - necessary headers for Imlib development
imlib-nonfree1 - Imlib is an image library for X
imlib1 - Imlib is an image library for X
imlib-dev 1.1-4.1 -> 1.3-1 into dists/hamm/main/binary-alpha/graphics
imlib-dev 1.1-4.1 -> 1.3-1 into dists/slink/main/binary-alpha/graphics
imlib-nonfree-dev 1.3-1 into dists/hamm/non-free/binary-alpha/graphics
imlib-nonfree-dev 1.3-1 into dists/slink/non-free/binary-alpha/graphics
imlib-nonfree1 1.3-1 into dists/hamm/non-free/binary-alpha/graphics
imlib-nonfree1 1.3-1 into dists/slink/non-free/binary-alpha/graphics
imlib1 1.1-4.1 -> 1.3-1 into dists/hamm/main/binary-alpha/graphics
imlib1 1.1-4.1 -> 1.3-1 into dists/slink/main/binary-alpha/graphics
imlib (1.3-1) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* removed the ugly alloca() (-:
* new upstream release
bitchx - Advanced Internet Relay Chat client
bitchx 0.74p2-7 -> 74p4-2 into dists/hamm/main/binary-alpha/net
bitchx 0.74p2-7 -> 74p4-2 into dists/slink/main/binary-alpha/net
ircii-pana (74p4-2) frozen unstable; urgency=low, closes=22980 19994 21776
* Applied security fix from bugtraq (#22960), fixing buffer overflow.
* Includes new copyright text (#22980, important) negotiated by David
Welton and applied retroactively by Michael Sandrof and other IRC-II
authors -- this makes bitchx free enough to continue including with
* Added manpage for bitchx, a present from Wichert Akkerman (#21776).
* Closes #19994, as menu entries are included since 0.74p2-8.
iselect - Interactive Selection Tool
iselect 1.0.4-2 -> 1.0.4-3 into dists/hamm/main/binary-alpha/utils
iselect 1.0.4-2 -> 1.0.4-3 into dists/slink/main/binary-alpha/utils
iselect (1.0.4-3) frozen unstable; urgency=low
- Removed dh_du. (Fixed Lintian error: unknown-control-file du)
- Added a hack so that the example perl scripts are not compressed.
(Fixed Lintian warnings:
* Upgraded to standards version 184.108.40.206 (no changes).
kernel-package - Debian Linux kernel package build scripts.
kernel-package 4.11 -> 5.01 into dists/slink/main/binary-all/misc
kernel-package (5.01) unstable; urgency=low
* Added rudimentary support for the alpha. Please note that locations of
the image may change in the future.
* No longer ship unpacked sources in kernel-source-VERSION
packages. This makes sure that dpkg can handle removal gracefully, and
people may unpack the sources where they wish.
* Fixed typo in make-kpkg -help, closes: BUG#23276
* Documented --flavours argument of make-kpkg, which should bring the
man page uptodate. closes: BUG#23280
* Doh! A dangling symlink does not return true on an -e test; a valid
symlink does! Fixed error on logic that made dangling sym links cause
kernel-image packages to fail. closes: BUG#23273
* make the proccess not error out when there is no config.precious
latex2html - LaTeX to HTML translator.
latex2html 98.1p1-4 -> 98.1p1-5 into dists/hamm/contrib/binary-all/tex
latex2html 98.1p1-4 -> 98.1p1-5 into dists/slink/contrib/binary-all/tex
latex2html (98.1p1-5) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* This fixes a critical problem with LaTeX2HTML going into an infinite
loop, rendering the program useless for people. The change involved is
a single line; we just close an open stream in the child of a
fork. For some reason, having the stream open in both the parent and
the child was the source of the problem. This is critical enough to
break the hard freeze.
latex2html - LaTeX to HTML translator.
latex2html 98.1p1-5 -> 98.1p5-1 into dists/slink/contrib/binary-all/tex
latex2html (98.1p5-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream bug fixing version.
* Additiojnal work done on converting the manual. This should fix all
known problems with it -- closes: Bug#20005
lintian - Debian package checker
lintian 0.4.6 -> 0.4.7 into dists/slink/main/binary-all/devel
lintian (0.4.7) unstable; urgency=low
* Removed Christian's name wherever it appeared as a contact address.
* (depcheck/buglist) Entered newly reported bug numbers for dependency
* (checks/menus) Distinguish between install-docs and install-docs -r.
* (checks/files) Added new tag backup-file-in-package. This warns
about emacs-style backup files that got installed in a package.
* (frontend/lintian) Allow I: tags to be overridden just like any other.
* (frontend/lintian) Add support for "Experimental" tags. These are
handled like other tags, but an "Experimental: yes" flag in the tag
description tells lintian to output them with "X:" rather than "E:"
or "W:" or "I:". This is used for new tags that might still misbehave.
* (doc/lintian.sgml) Add a paragraph to explain the new tag type.
"The displayed message is one of types listed above, but has been
flagged as `experimental' by the Lintian maintainers. This means
that the code that generates this message is not as well tested as
the rest of Lintian, and might still give surprising results. Feel
free to ignore Experimental messages that do not seem to make sense,
though of course bug reports are always welcomed."
lintian - Debian package checker
lintian 0.4.7 -> 0.4.8 into dists/slink/main/binary-all/devel
lintian (0.4.8) unstable; urgency=low
New error tag: "multiline-field" flags control fields that span multiple
lines when they shouldn't. (According to the Packaging manual,
"Except where otherwise stated only a single line of data is allowed").
Check dependency relationship fields as well.
(generated for use of | in Provides, Conflicts, and Replaces fields)
(generated for Provides fields that use a versioned package name)
(generated for use of < and > in versioned relationships)
(generated if the version number in a versioned relation
is not syntactically correct)
(generated if lintian cannot parse an element of a dependency line)
Bugfix to maintainer-not-full-name tag, it works now.
Added maintainer-address-looks-weird warning for obscure cases.
I doubt anyone will ever see it.
Added new-essential-package warning, to highlight such packages.
* (checks/fields.desc) Descriptions of new tags.
linuxlogo - Color ANSI Penguin with system information
linuxlogo 1.0-4 -> 1.06-5 into dists/hamm/main/binary-alpha/misc
linuxlogo (1.06-5) frozen; urgency=low
* Added 'frozen' to the changelog. Probably too little, too late.
* Added patch from Roman Hodek <Roman.Hodek@informatik.uni-erlangen.de>
to fix missing m68k-specific variable in getsysinfo.c (Fixes: #22827).
lpr - BSD lpr/lpd line printer spooling system
lpr 5.9-26.1 -> 5.9-28 into dists/slink/main/binary-alpha/net
lpr (5.9-28) unstable; urgency=low
* Added "kill $(pidof lpd)" to init script (closes: Bug#22805)
mc - Midnight Commander - A powerful file manager.
mc 4.1.28-3 -> 4.1.35-1 into dists/hamm/main/binary-alpha/utils
mc 4.1.28-3 -> 4.1.35-1 into dists/slink/main/binary-alpha/utils
mc (4.1.35-1) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* New upsteam release fixes a bug introduced by last version,
which made the history input lines stop working. Since this
is one of the essential useability features of MC which will
most certainly provoke bug reports this here should still go
perl - Larry Wall's Practical Extracting and Report Language.
perl-base - The Pathologically Eclectic Rubbish Lister
perl-debug - View internals of Perl and debug Perl itself.
perl-suid - Runs setuid Perl scripts.
perl-base 5.004.04-5 -> 5.004.04-6 into dists/hamm/main/binary-alpha/base
perl-base 5.004.04-6 into dists/slink/main/binary-alpha/base
perl-debug 5.004.04-5 -> 5.004.04-6 into dists/hamm/main/binary-alpha/interpreters
perl-debug 5.004.04-6 into dists/slink/main/binary-alpha/interpreters
perl-suid 5.004.04-5 -> 5.004.04-6 into dists/hamm/main/binary-alpha/interpreters
perl-suid 5.004.04-6 into dists/slink/main/binary-alpha/interpreters
perl 5.004.04-5 -> 5.004.04-6 into dists/hamm/main/binary-alpha/interpreters
perl 5.004.04-6 into dists/slink/main/binary-alpha/interpreters
perl (5.004.04-6) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* Fix symlinks for perl-suid and perl-debug doc directories. (Fixes Bug
* Make sure that *all* files are readable. (Fixes Bug #20791)
* Make changes to c2ph.PL (includes pstruct), perldoc, and s2p so that
they try to use POSIX::tmpnam() in creating temp files. Note that
perlbug already checks for the existence of the temp file before
creating it. (Fixes Bug #19805)
* Apply patch from next maintenance release so that -e scripts are kept
in memory rather than written to a temporary file.
* Fix typo in perlop(1p). Thanks to Richard Braakman <email@example.com>
for pointing this out. (Fixes Bug #22488)
* Add /usr/doc/perl/perlfaq-is-free to explain Tom Christiansen's intent
with his perlfaq copyright. (Closes Bugs #10286, #22705)
* Fix typos in postrm scripts. Thanks to Mark Eichin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
for this. (Fixes Bug #23107)
picon-misc - Picon (Personal Images) database of common accounts and misc.
picon-misc 1998.04.20-2 -> 1998.06.13-1 into dists/slink/contrib/binary-all/graphics
picon-misc (1998.06.13-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream release.
picon-news - Picon (Personal Images) db of Usenet newsgroups and hierarchies
picon-news 1998.05.27-1 -> 1998.06.13-1 into dists/slink/contrib/binary-all/graphics
picon-news (1998.06.13-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream release.
picon-unknown - Picon (Personal Images) database for very high-level domains
picon-unknown 1998.04.20-2 -> 1998.06.13-1 into dists/slink/contrib/binary-all/graphics
picon-unknown (1998.06.13-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream release.
picon-users - Picon (Personal Images) database of individual Internet accounts
picon-users 1998.05.15-2 -> 1998.06.13-1 into dists/slink/contrib/binary-all/graphics
picon-users (1998.06.13-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream release.
picon-weather - Picon (Personal Images) database for displaying weather forecasts
picon-weather 1998.04.20-2 -> 1998.06.13-1 into dists/slink/contrib/binary-all/graphics
picon-weather (1998.06.13-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream release.
pppconfig - pppconfig is a text based utility for configuring ppp.
pppconfig 1.0 -> 1.1 into dists/slink/main/binary-all/admin
pppconfig (1.1) unstable; urgency=low
* At the request of Enrique Zanardi added code to check resolv.conf
for nameservers and offer to add them if they are missing.
* Bug 23044 fixed by adding dependecy on debianutils > 1.6.
python-doc - HTML documentation for the scripting language Python.
python-doc 1.5-1 -> 1.5.1-2 into dists/hamm/main/binary-all/interpreters
python-doc 1.5.1-1 -> 1.5.1-2 into dists/slink/main/binary-all/interpreters
python-doc (1.5.1-2) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* Should really go into frozen as well.
sgml-data - Data files for SGML programs
sgml-data 0.11 -> 0.12 into dists/slink/main/binary-all/text
sgml-data (0.12) unstable; urgency=low
* copyright: policy-stipulated modifications (closes Bug#21962; other
part of that bug could not be verified by myself, no response from
* changelog file is changelog.gz, which is the way for Debian
* Debian Policy compliant with 2.4.1
skk - Simple Kana to Kanji conversion program
skk-dictools - SKK dictionary maintenance tools
skkdic - SKK Dictionary files
skkserv - SKK Dictionary server
skk-dictools 10.39-5 -> 10.39-6 into dists/hamm/main/binary-alpha/utils
skk-dictools 10.39-5 -> 10.39-6 into dists/slink/main/binary-alpha/utils
skk 10.39-5 -> 10.39-6 into dists/hamm/main/binary-alpha/utils
skk 10.39-5 -> 10.39-6 into dists/slink/main/binary-alpha/utils
skkdic 10.39-5 -> 10.39-6 into dists/hamm/main/binary-alpha/utils
skkdic 10.39-5 -> 10.39-6 into dists/slink/main/binary-alpha/utils
skkserv 10.39-5 -> 10.39-6 into dists/hamm/main/binary-alpha/utils
skkserv 10.39-5 -> 10.39-6 into dists/slink/main/binary-alpha/utils
skk (10.39-6) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* Bug Fix: can't run skk tutorial. (Bug#20217)
smail - Electronic mail transport system.
smail 220.127.116.11-4 -> 18.104.22.168-4.4 into dists/hamm/main/binary-alpha/mail
smail (22.214.171.124-4.4) frozen; urgency=low
* added restart option to /etc/init.d/smail
* fixed typo in smailconfig which prevents the prompt for
* smarthost information (thnx to Andy Chittenden)
* release for hamm
ssmtp - Extremely simple MTA to get mail off the system to a Mailhub
ssmtp 2.27-2 -> 2.28-1 into dists/slink/main/binary-alpha/mail
ssmtp (2.28-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream version: supports non-separated options (fixes #22691)
swish++ - Simple Web Indexing System for Humans ++
swish++ 1.1b1-1 -> 1.1b3-1 into dists/hamm/main/binary-alpha/web
swish++ 1.1b1-1 -> 1.1b3-1 into dists/slink/main/binary-alpha/web
swish++ (1.1b3-1) unstable frozen; urgency=low
* Upstream release.
* Renamed binaries to prevent name collisions (fixes bug #20536).
* Recompiled so it now works with new libstdc++
tcsh - TENEX C Shell, an enhanced version of Berkeley csh.
tcsh 6.07.06-3 -> 6.07.06-4 into dists/hamm/main/binary-alpha/shells
tcsh 6.07.06-3 -> 6.07.06-4 into dists/slink/main/binary-alpha/shells
tcsh (6.07.06-4) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* Wrapped bindkey options with a check for tcsh to avoid clashes with
csh. (Fixes Bug#23201)
tkcvs - A graphical front-end to CVS
tkcvs 6.0-9 -> 6.0-10 into dists/slink/main/binary-all/devel
tkcvs (6.0-10) unstable; urgency=low
* Changed parameter usage in call of tkdiff (bug #23266)
tkps - X-based process management tool similar to 'top'
tkps 1.12 -> 1.14 into dists/hamm/main/binary-all/utils
tkps 1.13 -> 1.14 into dists/slink/main/binary-all/utils
tkps (1.14) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* Fixed ps compatibility problem
* Fixed package description
urlview - Extracts URLs from text
urlview 0.7-3 -> 0.7-4 into dists/slink/main/binary-alpha/misc
urlview (0.7-4) unstable; urgency=low
* Added the new url_handler.sh, a slightly modified version of that
contributed by Martin Schulze <email@example.com>. Please check
README.debian for configuration. (Fixes Bug#23189)
* Added support for https to the url catcher in system.urlview. (Fixes
libwmaker0 - Shared libraries for WindowMaker aware applications.
libwmaker0-dev - Static libraries and headers for WindowMaker applications.
libwraster0 - Shared libraries of WindowMaker rasterizer.
libwraster0-dev - Static libraries and headers of WindowMaker rasterizer.
wmaker - Yet another window manager. This the next step after AfterStep.
wmaker-superfluous - WindowMaker compiled with superfluous options
wmaker-traditional - WindowMaker compiled *without* newstyle option
libwmaker0-dev 0.13.0-0.1 -> 0.14.1-6 into dists/hamm/main/binary-alpha/devel
libwmaker0-dev 0.14.1-6 into dists/slink/main/binary-alpha/devel
libwmaker0 0.13.0-0.1 -> 0.14.1-6 into dists/hamm/main/binary-alpha/libs
libwmaker0 0.14.1-6 into dists/slink/main/binary-alpha/libs
libwraster0-dev 0.13.0-0.1 -> 0.14.1-6 into dists/hamm/main/binary-alpha/devel
libwraster0-dev 0.14.1-6 into dists/slink/main/binary-alpha/devel
libwraster0 0.13.0-0.1 -> 0.14.1-6 into dists/hamm/main/binary-alpha/libs
libwraster0 0.14.1-6 into dists/slink/main/binary-alpha/libs
wmaker-superfluous 0.13.0-0.1 -> 0.14.1-6 into dists/hamm/main/binary-alpha/x11
wmaker-superfluous 0.14.1-6 into dists/slink/main/binary-alpha/x11
wmaker-traditional 0.13.0-0.1 -> 0.14.1-6 into dists/hamm/main/binary-alpha/x11
wmaker-traditional 0.14.1-6 into dists/slink/main/binary-alpha/x11
wmaker 0.13.0-0.1 -> 0.14.1-6 into dists/hamm/main/binary-alpha/x11
wmaker 0.14.1-6 into dists/slink/main/binary-alpha/x11
wmaker (0.14.1-6) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* Added menu.prehook and menu.posthook to the default menu. The menu
file still puts Exit, Exit Session and Restart under WindowManagers,
but users can copy /usr/lib/menu/wmaker to /etc/menu/wmaker, edit it,
and edit /etc/X11/WindowMaker/menu.posthook to "move" those items
outside the WindowManagers menu. (closes: bug#20194)
* Patched src/moveres.c to get rid of a bug that can make WindowMaker
crash when using "outline" mode for moving and resizing windows.
* Patched wrlib/context.c to include an improved dithering
algorithm. It is now possible to start *most* of the WindowMaker
applets at the same time. (closes: bug#19764)
wml - Website META Language by Ralf Engelschall
wml 1.6.4-0.1 -> 1.6.4-1.1 into dists/hamm/main/binary-alpha/web
wml 1.6.4-0.1 -> 1.6.4-1.1 into dists/slink/main/binary-alpha/web
wml (1.6.4-1.1) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* Non-maintainer release.
* configured w/o --with-compat because it no longer exists. :-)
* Added a hack in wml_common/Makefile.in to make sure that the non-free
Perl GD.pm module is not compiled. (Thanks to Heiko for the idea.)
* Upgraded to standards version 126.96.36.199 (no changes).
* WML 1.6.4 is a *bug-fix* release, and wml_1.6.4-0.1 was uploaded
*before* the freeze AFAIK (on March 23, 1998), so please put it in Hamm!
wmmail - A mail notification program designed for WindowMaker
wmmail 0.56-1 -> 0.59-1 into dists/hamm/main/binary-alpha/x11
wmmail 0.56-1 -> 0.59-1 into dists/slink/main/binary-alpha/x11
wmmail (0.59-1) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream release
* Several upstream bugfixes: fixed ExecuteOnUpdate option which was
broken, fixed bug in count_mail(), fixed shift/reduce conflicts in
configuration file parser (possibly fixes open bug #22373), reduced
wwwoffle - World Wide Web OFFline Explorer
wwwoffle 2.1-3 -> 2.1c-1 into dists/hamm/main/binary-alpha/web
wwwoffle 2.1-3 -> 2.1c-1 into dists/slink/main/binary-alpha/web
wwwoffle (2.1c-1) unstable frozen; urgency=low
* New upstream version. Fixes some known bugs.
* Fixed little bug in debian/rules (changelog wasn't compressed).
xcin - Chinese input server and vt100 terminal for X.
xcin 2.3.02-3 -> 2.3.02-5 into dists/hamm/main/binary-alpha/x11
xcin 2.3.02-3 -> 2.3.02-5 into dists/slink/main/binary-alpha/x11
xcin (2.3.02-5) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* Added the missing "dh_installchangelogs -i" to debian/rules. :-)
(Fixed Lintian error: xcin-doc: debian-changelog-file-missing)
----- New Packages ----------------------
dict-foldoc - Dictionary Database
dict-foldoc 19980612-1 into dists/slink/main/binary-all/text
dict-gazetteer - U.S. Gazetteer
dict-gazetteer 1.2-2 into dists/slink/main/binary-all/text
dict-easton - Easton's 1897 Bible Dictionary
dict-elements - Data regarding the Elements
dict-hitchcock - Hitchcock's Bible Names Dictionary
dict-jargon - Jargon File 4.0.0
dict-easton 1.4-2 into dists/slink/main/binary-all/text
dict-elements 1.4-2 into dists/slink/main/binary-all/text
dict-hitchcock 1.4-2 into dists/slink/main/binary-all/text
dict-jargon 1.4-2 into dists/slink/main/binary-all/text
dict-wn - WordNet v1.6
dict-wn 1.5-2 into dists/slink/main/binary-all/text
gdk-imlib-dev - Headers to compile programs with gdk_imlib
gdk-imlib-nonfree-dev - Headers to compile programs with gdk_imlib
gdk-imlib-nonfree1 - image drawing complement to gdk with gif support
gdk-imlib1 - image drawing complement to gdk with gif support
gdk-imlib-dev 1.3-1 into dists/hamm/main/binary-alpha/graphics
gdk-imlib-dev 1.3-1 into dists/slink/main/binary-alpha/graphics
gdk-imlib-nonfree-dev 1.3-1 into dists/hamm/non-free/binary-alpha/graphics
gdk-imlib-nonfree-dev 1.3-1 into dists/slink/non-free/binary-alpha/graphics
gdk-imlib-nonfree1 1.3-1 into dists/hamm/non-free/binary-alpha/graphics
gdk-imlib-nonfree1 1.3-1 into dists/slink/non-free/binary-alpha/graphics
gdk-imlib1 1.3-1 into dists/hamm/main/binary-alpha/libs
gdk-imlib1 1.3-1 into dists/slink/main/binary-alpha/libs
picon-domains - Picon (Personal Images) database of for Internet domain logos.
picon-domains 1998.06.13-1 into dists/slink/contrib/binary-all/graphics
xmame - Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator
xmame-svga - SVGALIB binaries for Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator
xmame-x - X binaries for Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator
xmame-svga 0.33b5.1-1 into dists/slink/non-free/binary-i386/games
xmame-x 0.33b5.1-1 into dists/slink/non-free/binary-i386/games
xmame 0.33b5.1-1 into dists/slink/non-free/binary-all/games
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact email@example.com