Uploaded vm 6.27-1 (source all) to master
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 20:57:45 -0500
Architecture: source all
Maintainer: Manoj Srivastava <firstname.lastname@example.org>
vm - A mail user agent for Emacs
vm (6.27-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream Source
* excerpted changes:
* vm-mime-rewrite-failed-button: add newline to displayed error
* vm-menu-goto-event: use event-closest-point instead of
event-point so that we get locality of point when a click
occurs over a glyph (XEmacs only).
* vm-mime-display-button-xxxx: say "attempt to display" instead of
"display", as the button doesn't know if there is a functional
display function for the type.
* vm-mime-xemacs-encode-composition: dropped calls to
encode-coding-region for now. They were screwing up marker
* vm-mime-xemacs-encode-composition: protect value of
file-coding-system from changes when inserting attachment file
* vm-mime-display-internal-text/html: don't call w3-region if it
isn't bound, just set error string and return nil.
* vm-thread-mark-for-summary-update: don't mark if vm-thread-list-of
slot is nil; use nil in this slot to mean we've already marked
* added missing application/octet-stream button display function.
* Shapiro typo fixes
* copied vm-note-emacs-version to vm-menu.el so that it is
available at load time for use there.
* converted mona stamps to XPMs as XEmacs can't display the GIF versions.
* vm-mime-transfer-encode-layout: mark encoding in transfer
encoded leaves, forgot this previously (oops).
* default value of vm-mime-ignore-mime-version now t.
* restored vm-xemacs-p, vm-xemacs-mule-p and vm-fsfemacs-19-p
function to avoid breaking third party code that rely on them
being present (sigh).
* dropped vm-mime-attach-mime-file from the vm-mail-mode keymap and
* vm-show-list: binding to button release events in XEmacs didn't
work. Should probably use mouse-track hooks instead of binding
keys but until we do that go back to binding button press events.
* vm-mouse-get-mouse-track-string: check whether we're running
Emacs/XEmacs rather than whether functions are defined to avoid
using the wrong overlay/extent interface.
* initialize mail-default-reply-to from REPLYTO environmental
variable if value is nil (used to be if value is t).
* vm: moved call to vm-preview-current-message after the summary
generatation/display code. The summary might completely
obscure the view of the message buffer, so previewing should
occur after that so that vm-show-current-message knows whether
the message was visible and therefore also knows whether to
mark the message as read.
* vm-keep-mail-buffer: don't kill a buffer if it marked as
modified, even if the number of `kept' messages would be
exceeeded by keeping it. Presumably if a buffer is modified
the user has resumed composing in it and so we should not delete
* added vm-mouse-send-url-to-netscape-new-window and
vm-mouse-send-url-to-mosaic-new-window functions for use as
values of vm-url-browser.
* dropped use of vm-check-for-killed-folder in menubar and
toolbar enabled-p functions. We wrap troublesome calls to
vm-select-folder-buffer in (condition-case ...) now to avoid a
"Folder has been killed" error from hosing the toolbar/mnunebar
and XEmacs permanently.
* don't use application/octet-stream's button function for all
application subtypes. Added a separate function to be used for
subtypes other than octet-stream.
* vm-mime-attach-object: if type is nil, use text/plain as the
type when calling vm-mime-set-extent-glyph-for-type.
* don't fold content-disposition headers if
vm-mime-avoid-folding-content-type is non-nil.
* don't add an extra newline after the unfolded content-type of the
last text subpart.
* vm-mime-preview-composition: remove mail header separator after
the message is encoded since the encoder won't work without it.
* default value of vm-mime-avoid-folding-content-type now t due
to pervasive broken Solaris sendmail installations that mangle
the headers of messages with folded Content- headers.
* vm-mime-make-multipart-boundary: shortened multipart boundaries to
avoid long header lines when vm-mime-avoid-folding-content-type is
* include the missing audio_stamp images in the distribution.
* set version variables at startup and refer to them rather than
calling vm-xemacs-p, etc. repeatedly.
* vm-summary-highlight-region: overlays and extents aren't
interchangable in this context, so behave based on Emacs/XEmacs
version to avoid any overlay/extent emulations, and also to
avoid having make-overlay's sudden appearance give us
* don't fset vm-extent-property, vm-make-extent, etc. unless they
are undefined. This is to avoid changing their definition in
the middle of an Emacs session and thereby mixing usage the
* vm-mime-set-extent-glyph-for-layout: fixed reversed colorfulness
* vm-mime-set-extent-glyph-for-type: mona_stamp is a GIF not an XPM.
* more overlay/extent interface cleanup.
* reenabled internal text/html code.
* vm-yank-message: decode text/html and text/enriched in the
* attach image glyphs to attachment tags in composition buffers
* print a warning and continue if x-vm- header seems corrupted.
old behavior was to just croak an error and wedge the mailer.
* vm-print-message: default count to 1 if passed no arguments.
* default value of vm-honor-mime-content-disposition now t.
* Makefile: default VM build type is now back to `autoload'.
* vm-rfc1153-or-rfc934-burst-message: use point instead of
(match-end 0) when deleting the message separator.
* vm-rfc1153-or-rfc934-burst-message: trim excessive newlines
only after we know that we are looking at a valid message separator.
* vm-su-message-id: discard chaff preceding message ID.
* vm-mime-fragment-composition: 'send -> '8bit to match
documentation of vm-mime-8bit-text-transfer-encoding.
* vm-mime-fragment-composition: call vm-add-mail-mode-header-separator
at the end so the buffer could be sent again.
* vm-mime-preview-composition: call vm-remove-mail-mode-header-separator.
* avoid starting new timers if old timers are still active (FSF
* vm-mime-encode-composition: split code into FSF Emacs and
XEmacs functions. This should avoid mixing usage of the extent
and overlay interfaces, which loses with Nuspl's overlay.el
* default vm-temp-file-directory to C:\ if /tmp is not a directory
and C:\ is.
* use insert-file-contents instead of insert-file-contents-literally
when inserting MIME attachments into compositions when encoding.
* if vm-auto-displayed-mime-content-types or Content-Disposition
says to display message/rfc822 or message/news inline and
immediately display them as text/plain. If displaying them due
to button activation, use a folder instead.
* use different menu for mailto: URLs since the old one didn't
really do what it advertised, i.e. didn't allow mailto URLs to
be send to other browsers.
* added reduced color MIME art for 8-bit displays that used to only be
used with displays with 16-bit or better displays.
* cache MIME art image glyphs for reuse to save load time.
* wrap calls to timezone-make-date-sortable in (condition-case ...)
to avoid crashing on bad dates.
* gave up on using frame-totally-visible-p since it is still
broken in 19.15.
c8bb58a5f2d67553f4bf1303865e5da3 646 mail optional vm_6.27-1.dsc
f2f2aa26a222ad4bf373a859f935888f 261559 mail optional vm_6.27.orig.tar.gz
aeace292d6bb9c497ad1b7e7c5cd0de0 35786 mail optional vm_6.27-1.diff.gz
592a4cec9c11b095215cfd3a71842255 282446 mail optional vm_6.27-1_all.deb
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Comment: Requires PGP version 2.6 or later.
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
Trouble? e-mail to email@example.com .