Uploaded pkg-order 0.05 (source all) to master
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 01:36:07 -0500
Architecture: source all
Maintainer: Manoj Srivastava <firstname.lastname@example.org>
pkg-order - A Package dependency checker and install ordering tool
pkg-order (0.05) experimental; urgency=medium
* Major revamping of code. The emphasis was flexibility.
* The results of the dependency checks are now persistent (stored with
the package object), in a class by themselves.
* The dependency checking is not independent of the ordering process,
so that we may do dependency steps in one phase, print results and
check errors in the next, and do ordering in yet another phase
* Any number of ordering passes may be performed, so one may order using
Pre-Depends, and then by Depends, and gather together all information
in another, independent pass, and run tsort on the gathered data.
* The results are sorted by Type (Pre-Depends, Depends, Conflicts,
Recommends, and Suggests), and by action Category (Failed, Found, Warn,
and Conflict). One may print, count, convert to string, byt Type and
Category, and there are special Types All and Critical (you may set
what the system thinks are critical type).
* Now we take care to remember the package that provided the virtual
package and use that in dependency ordering
* The dependency checks can be run one type at a time
* The ordering information maybe gathered one Type at a time (except for
conflicts; IMHO it does not make sense to order by conflict)
* The code is far ceaner than the last time; If you get the sources try
./debian/rules build; make test
to try out the test suite.
* I ran out of creative energy when trying to rehash the user interface
of the ordering tool (in this release the ordering tool is provided as
an example or proof of concept, I concentrated on the underlying
libraries). I could not come up with anything simple that could even
begin to exploit all the flexibility i've been building in.
0b6566c04c57eb6d9dd325507392802e 601 experimental extra pkg-order_0.05.dsc
7fd0ca4c2644c1f0da8dd5469beca5d5 30898 experimental extra pkg-order_0.05.tar.gz
419fe6e926a33df066add3bd8d832dd2 37590 experimental extra pkg-order_0.05_all.deb
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Comment: Requires PGP version 2.6 or later.
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----