Update libc5 packages
Be sure to read /usr/doc/libc5/FAQ.gz. There is a new and better way
to work around programs with malloc-related problems. Libgnumalloc is
still provided, but may be dropped in a future version.
I forgot to put it in the changelog, but this version also changes the
.shlibs file so make us less susceptible to dependency problems.
Date: 14 Jan 97 21:04 UT
Distribution: stable unstable
Maintainer: David Engel <email@example.com>
Binary: libc5 libc5-dev libc5-dbg libc5-pic localebin
Architecture: i386 source
libc5: The Linux C library version 5 (run-time libraries).
- Includes shared libraries needed to run programs built with libc 5.
libc5-dev: The Linux C library version 5 (development files).
- Includes libc headers, kernel headers (v2.0.28) and static
libc5-dbg: The Linux C library version 5 (debug files).
- Includes a static libraries compiled with debugging info.
libc5-pic: Kit for building specialized versions of the shared C library.
- This installs an archive of C library object modules, /usr/lib/libc5-pic.a,
- compiled as position-independent code. This archive can be used to build
- specialized versions of the run-time-shared C library. It is almost
- identical to /usr/lib/libc.a except that it is compiled in PIC.
- You won't need this unless you are designing a custom boot floppy
- or an embedded system.
localebin: The locale binaries of the Linux C library version 5.
- These binries are needed to compile the locale file to work with libc
- version 5.4.0 and higher.
Updated to new upstream version.
Updated to kernel 2.0.28 headers.
c438029c7163b026daa74c5252630530 2318639 - libc5_5.4.20-1.tar.gz
7da1e54782c3802c17d66d335359ec18 9686 - libc5_5.4.20-1.diff.gz
4f0d88230b6dd6a76e0e9bafffc54bc7 255168 base required libc5_5.4.20-1_i386.deb
3e49d2afe0c942b71df0f2bfae716a1c 856578 devel standard libc5-dev_5.4.20-1_i386.deb
873c7b68f81e377f2e8bc977e0c3ae07 1189542 devel optional libc5-dbg_5.4.20-1_i386.deb
35d5d468422f7d4428310b8b908f84e2 849222 devel extra libc5-pic_5.4.20-1_i386.deb
a8f0e9e96dfa5aec91964865c3dbad01 44820 devel optional localebin_5.4.20-1_i386.deb
David Engel Optical Data Systems, Inc.
firstname.lastname@example.org 1001 E. Arapaho Road
(972) 234-6400 Richardson, TX 75081
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
debian-changes-REQUEST@lists.debian.org . Trouble? e-mail to Bruce@Pixar.com