Re: Weekly testing is same as a week ago, it seems

Hi,

Daniel Lewart <lewart3@gmail.com> (2023-02-07):
> Confirmed.  And the 2023-02-06 builds failed too.  E.g.:
>         https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/weekly-builds/amd64/
>
> All six failed build logfiles end (prematurely) with:
>         read_file '.disk/base_components' - open: No such file or
> directory at /home/debian-cd/build.bookworm/debian-cd/tools/make_disc_trees.pl
> line 904.
>         make[1]: *** [Makefile:487: image-trees] Error 2
>         make[1]: Leaving directory
> '/srv/cdbuilder.debian.org/git/setup/bookworm/debian-cd'
>
> These errors were generated by debian-cd's tools/make_disc_trees.pl:
>         903   my $base_components = ".disk/base_components";
>         904   my @components = read_file($base_components);
>
> Many fixes and improvements were made to the debian-cd package in Jan 2023.

Sorry for the breakage, and thanks for prodding.

I've indeed worked a lot on the netinst, and it looks like I might have
broken other kinds of images in the process, my apologies. It's probably
as easy as making that “else” part conditional (only tweaking that file
if it exists), but since I'm not familiar with other kinds of images,
I'll let Steve comment on whether that's (1) expected and (2) the best
way to fix this issue. I wouldn't want to paper over a possible bug…