Re: sha512sum-error at debian-live-11.5.0-amd64-gnome.iso

Hi,

Gerd Mühlenbruch wrote:
> I started my batch by doubleclicking the file in nautilus.

Being a fvwm user i can only riddle whether this start by nautilus has
something to do with the problem.
But your post of 3 Oct 2022 18:28:08 +0000 says that you started the
original download by wget -c. So i assume that nautilus is not significant.

> I expected differences in bytes anywhere in the beginning, but comp -l and
> comp -b didn't showed such result.
> ==>>> cmp: EOF on debian-live-11.5.0-amd64-gnome.iso after byte 2910683136

That astonished me already with your original post. There seems to be
a surplus tail appended. What's in that tail ?

E.g. what do you get from

  dd if=Err-debian-live-11.5.0-amd64-gnome.iso bs=1 skip=2910683136 | \
  od -c | less

Is it all 0 ? Is some human readable text to see ?

(It would be more lightweight to inspect Err*-netinst.iso, if you still
 have it
  dd if=Err-debian-11.5.0-amd64-netinst.iso bs=1 skip=400556032 | \
  od -c | less
)

Do you remember how large the ISOs were after their first interrupt ?
Are perhaps the differences between oversize and real size the same
numbers ?
(I compute from your numbers: 4184168 for live and 328163 for netinst.)

There are some bug reports about wget -c on
  https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?repeatmerged=no&src=wget
but none seems to match what you experience.

> I'm using debian bullseye with gnome 3.38 and wayland.

That's an ideal base for posting a bug report.

> However, I can try your lines the next days.

It would be better for the bug report if the problem could be reproduced
with wget alone.

> If you like, I could add the shell selecting in the first line "#...".

It would be really odd if wget -c would behave differently depending
on the shell which started wget.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas