Re: 11.1 and 10.11 planning

On 06/09/2021 12:58, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
Hi Adam,

Adam D. Barratt <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk> (2021-09-06):
We've ended up being late with planning 10.11 due to the timing of the
bullseye release, and also need to look at getting 11.1 sorted.

Traditionally, we've combined stable and oldstable point releases (at
2- and 4-month cadences) while both are supported. That would still be
my preference, but I understand that not everyone on the Images side
is so keen on the idea. Open questions in addition to dates are
therefore whether we should do 10.11 and 11.1 on the same day and, if
not, how close together they should be.

A few suggested dates to get things going:

September 18th - not great; means freezing this coming weekend
September 25th - not great; I'm away during most of the week
beforehand, so will be unlikely to be able to deal with any issues,
make sure everything's ready, etc.
October 2nd - OK for me
October 9th - OK for me
October 16th - OK for me

Regarding d-i preps, I should be able to accomodate anything that gets
picked up.

Cheers,

I can do all of the above dates except the 2nd October (wedding anniversary)

Whilst it is normal to run a point release on old stable at the same time as stable it does mean that we don't give the images in the old stable point release as much testing as perhaps they should because we are all 'too tired' by the time that we get round to them. that said that is what the Sunday is for...

/Andy