Re: isorecorder

Hi,

On Thu, 1 Oct 2020, Pete Batard <pete@akeo.ie> wrote:
> [...]

Then i misunderstood that GitHub issue post from 2018.

So yes, the urge to use DD mode should be very visible within the advise
to copy a Debian amd64, i386, or arm64 ISO flatly to an USB-Stick.

I know that Pete Batard prefers other methods. But the flat copy is what
our ISOs strive for on the first hand.

Pete Batard wrote:
> [...]

I wonder whether that problem is resolved by the new layout of Ubuntu 20.10
which is a GPT variation of my proposals for debian-cd:
  https://lists.debian.org/debian-cd/2019/07/msg00007.html

To my theory, the unwillingness of MS-Windows to show the ISO partition of
the current Debian ISO layout is in its partition type 0x00, which is
needed to keep the nested MBR partition layout legal for EFI.
My proposed layout without nested partitions makes it possible to have
a conventional partition type for the ISO partition or to use a GPT instead
of an MBR partition table.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas