Updating gnu-efi to newest upstream version?

Hi Julian,

are you planning on updating GNU efi this release cycle?  The new
version will break compatibility (and definitely break syslinux
builds).  The compatibility breaking changes are all good by themselves
as far as I'm concerned (e.g. jmp_buf is compatible with the C standard
in newer versions [1]) and will allow me to drop some of the
not-so-nice patches to the syslinux Debian package.  (Some changes
to the newer gnu-efi were contributed by the main syslinux author.)

My personal preference would be to update to the newest version, and to
do so soon (if possible in experimental first).  I'd like to avoid this
update happening close to the freeze.

Thanks
Lukas

[1] https://sourceforge.net/p/gnu-efi/bugs/17/