Re: malware-alert in debian-10.4.0-i386-DVD-1.iso

Hi Kay!

On Sat, Aug 01, 2020 at 07:40:16PM +0200, Kay Martinen wrote:
>Hi. I did a download of
>
>https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/i386/iso-dvd/debian-10.4.0-i386-DVD-1.iso
>
>with Firefox 79.0 under Ubuntu Linux and after completion it is marked
>with a red sign claiming that it contains a virus or other malware.
>
>I don't know why FF did that or how it came to that suggestion but i
>wanted to let you know this. I deleted the file now and can't undelete it.

ACK, thanks for reporting. It *is* a false positive - we are happy
that we do not have a problem with malware.

We've had a slew of similar complaints this week, all apparently
triggered by Google's "safe browsing" service. We're trying to get it
fixed at their end.

"This dress doesn't reverse." -- Alden Spiess