Re: Missing fuse package in Xfce CD ISO

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 06:30:49PM +0000, Sai Karthik wrote:
>30-Mar-2020 6:46:11 PM Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com>:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 12:30:31PM +0000, Sai Karthik wrote:
>>

>> > The `fuse` package os missing the xfce-CD-1 iso both in weekly &
>> > stable iso's. Shipping it along with iso helps out of box support for
>> > appimages & probably other apps which depend on it.
>> >

>> There's a problem with tryint to add more things to the Xfce CD - it's
>> already getting very full. Just checking the logs from today's weekly
>> build, I can see that we're already close to dropping some of the
>> dependencies from task-xfce-desktop.
>
>Oh... What packages are being planned to be dropped ?

If you check the list of Depends: and Recommends: for
task-xfce-desktop, they're considered for adding into the media in the
order they're listed. At the moment we fill the Xfce amd64 CD to the
point where gstreamer1.0-plugins-base won't fit, and then roll
back. We're already missing obvious useful stuff after that, like
libreoffice. Just getting the task-xfce-desktop set onto the media
takes over 600MiB at the moment.

"...In the UNIX world, people tend to interpret `non-technical user'
 as meaning someone who's only ever written one device driver." -- Daniel Pead