Re: Documenting the generation of the live images in Debian

Hallo,
* Roland Clobus [Sat, Mar 21 2020, 05:27:55PM]:

> * To reduce the amount of downloads, I am using a slightly patched
> version of apt-cacher-ng, in order to be able to use the installer. See
> my bug report [4]
>   The live-wrapper script downloads the installer, but apt-cacher-ng
> rejects a path ending in a slash. The following command simulates this
> download:
> <pre>
>   wget -S
> "http://localhost:3142/deb.debian.org/debian/dists/buster/main/installer-amd64/current/images/cdrom/";
> </pre>

I cannot accept your patch as-is. Because it's brute-force, a directory
is not neccessarily a non-volatile file. Can you give me any hints how
to distinguish between volatile and non-volatile directories? Maybe the
same as it's done for for other d-i files, by regex, so

		"|/dists/.*/installer-[^/]+/[0-9][^/]+/images/.*" // d-i stuff with revision

means frozen contents and

		"|/dists/.*/installer-[^/]+/[^0-9][^/]+/images/.*" // d-i stuff but not containing a date (year number) in the revision directory (like "current", "beta", ...)

is volatile? (those regexps are already defined, I just need to change
your patch to make them applicable to directories)

Also, what's your deadline? I was planing to release a new version of
ACNG in a couple of days anyway. Do you also need it in backports?

Best regards,
Eduard.