Re: Joliet name length in amd64 netinst versus DVD-2

Hi,

looking at

  https://salsa.debian.org/images-team/debian-cd/commit/6112370e0abf29018a5346467aaf27cf7cb8ba91
  "Ensure that in all places where we use -J we also use --joliet-long"

i wonder whether it is wise to rely on the undocumented double-dash tolerance
of xorrisofs and genisoimage. Both manuals have the option with a single dash.

As for xorrisofs, you can indeed rely on the effect of an internal function
in xorriso/emulators.c :
  /* Strip surplus dash from known single-dash long options */
  int Xorriso_genisofs_strip_dash(...

As for genisoimage, you are the expert yourself.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas