Re: cdbuilder log files moved

Hi,

Steve McIntyre wrote:
> I think you're the main person who might be using the logs published
> from cdbuilder.

I did not even know that such logs exist.

> https://cdbuilder-logs.debian.org/

Ahum. What's the meaning of the number prefixes of the file names ?
("3sidamd64", "4amd64")

I always love to see xorriso doing sincere work.

This here in 3sidamd64 might cause user complaints like the one of yesterday
about truncated Joliet names:

> libisofs: WARNING : Cannot add /debian to Joliet tree. Symlinks can only be added to a Rock Ridge tree.
> libisofs: WARNING : Cannot add /dists/testing to Joliet tree. Symlinks can only be added to a Rock Ridge tree.
> libisofs: WARNING : Cannot add /firmware/expeyes-firmware-dev_4.3.6+dfsg-6_all.deb to Joliet tree. Symlinks can only be added to a Rock Ridge tree.

Maybe we should write something in
  https://www.debian.org/CD/faq/
about mounting Debian ISOs by MS-Windows and what to expect from the
Joliet tree inside Debian ISOs,

The part which would need augmentation for bug 887830 (yada yada) is at
the very end of the log. This would give good clues about its position
in the code ... if the code was not a Makefile.

Well, it sends me to tools/imagesums. (But other than README.devel promises,
this is not self-documented. I need my background knowledge about Jigdo.)

I understand:
- If a .jigdo file is found, then the checksum of the corresponding .iso
  file is read from inside the .jigdo file. In
    https://sources.debian.org/src/debian-cd/3.1.21/tools/imagesums/#L55
  to line 57.
- If successfully read, the .iso checksum is written to the *SUMS file.
  If it was missing in the .jigdo file, it gets computed by e.g. md5sum
  from the .iso file.

So (modulo ugly interlaced sequence of .iso and .jigdo) it should suffice
to insert at line 68 after the "fi" of "if [ $? -ne 0 ] ; then" :

                if [ "$JIGDO" == 1 ] ; then
                        $CMD $file >> $FILE
                        grep $file $FILE
                fi