Re: Why is a xorriso development snapshot used in debian-cd production ?

On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 10:54:07AM +0200, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
>Hi,
>
>while comparing a KALI ISO with debian-9.1.0-amd64-netinst.iso i noticed
>that debian-cd uses a development snapshot of GNU xorriso:
>
>  Preparer Id  : XORRISO-1.4.7 2017.06.29.211523, ...
>
>Not that i would deem it bad in any way, but i wonder why not the
>Debian package with xorriso-1.4.6 or the release tarball of
>GNU xorriso-1.4.6 is installed on the ISO producing machine.
>
>Is any of the development changes needed urgently ?

I installed that snapshot when testing changes to tag partitions as
bootable, if you remember that conversation. I'll switch back to a
standa xorriso release.

Into the distance, a ribbon of black
Stretched to the point of no turning back