Re: Unofficial firmware images.

Hi Philip!

On Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 08:56:52PM +1300, philip wrote:

>	I have noted that the unofficial firmware DVD images found on
>cdimage.debian.org are quite a bit smaller than the Official images.  I
>was under the impression that they were to be identical except for the
>addition of the non-free firmware.
>
>Is there a reason for the reduced size?

It's an issue with the way I configured the build - thanks for
reporting the problem. There's a "COMPLETE=0" setting there, which
there shouldn't be.

However, even once that's changed the two images won't quite be the
same in terms of content. Each is intended to fill up to 4GB, so the
normal (free) image might have a few more packages included that won't
fit on the non-free firmware image due to the space taken by the
firmware. It would take quite a lot more effort to change that, and I
have little interest in working on it...

"You can't barbecue lettuce!" -- Ellie Crane