Re: How-to merge repository from 3 BD images into one ?

Dual goal:
1. accelerate access to my repository (as opposed to often slow Internet), 2. as well as keep local backup.

In detail :
It can take many many (5+) hours to install Workstation class Debian system with lots of packages from the Internet as opposed to half a hour from local media. (Blue Ray)
And I have lots of PCs and VMs. And I reinstall often on my VMs, with different configurations.

One-time painful step of preparing a BD XL image will pay in spades.

Plus for historical and archive reasons I prefer to have a hard copy (including binary and sources).

I like ancient Linux systems too, and I have a copy of remastered Red Hat Linux 9 from year 2003 (i386) plus source on DVD, which is useful for educational reasons. Definitely worth an M-Disc.

A decade or two from now, Debian Linux 8 may also become an education curiousity, like the classic Red Hat Linux 9 is today.

Regards,
-Alexey "Technologov"