Re: Debian Stretch alpha 7 DVD-1

On Tue, Aug 09, 2016 at 09:07:12PM +0200, Sergej Dirks wrote:
>Hello,
>I tried to install Stretch alpha 7 on my new notebook today...
>Unfortunately not sucsessfully. It stopps each time on the same
>installation step: Hard disk detection.
>I think it should be some mistake(s) on the DVD 1.
>actually run installation from alpha 5 DVD - this is working. the same
>is working on second notebook.

If you switch to VT4 (Ctrl-Alt-F4) then you'll get to the syslog which
may help debug what the problem is.

"Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have
 nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free
 speech because you have nothing to say."
   -- Edward Snowden