Re: Feature-request of unlimited-size ISO image; install media

On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 03:52:35PM +0300, Alexey Eromenko wrote:
>Hello,

Hi Alexey,

>As a long-time Debian user, I would like to request adding a "single"
>or "one" ISO image, that would have all the packages for one
>architecture.
>
>It is beneficial (compared to DVD and Blue-Ray ISO images) when one is
>installing Debian from a USB flash (128 GB flash are common) or in a
>virtual environments (VMware / VirtualBox / KVM).

We've thought about this before, and decided not to do it. The split
we've gone with is (maybe) useful for some people where they may be
able to write the larger (BD/DLBD) images to optical media. But even
these cover only a very small proportion of our userbase.

For full copies of the archive like that, you'd be much better off
simply using a normal filesystem and creating a mirror on it.

  Mature Sporty Personal
  More Innovation More Adult
  A Man in Dandism
  Powered Midship Specialty