Re: Cloud images on cdimage

Le 06/02/2016 23:12, Tiago Ilieve a écrit :
> Steve,
>
> I was looking at the "cdimage" page[1] and noticed that there's no
> cloud images for the platforms we have official releases. Is there a
> way we can publish them there? I'm personally interested in making
> Oracle Compute Cloud images available, like CentOS already does[2],
> but we can pave the way for maintainers of other cloud providers as
> well.
>
> Regads,
> Tiago.
>
> [1]: http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/
> [2]: http://cloud.centos.org/centos/7/images/

Hi Tiago

To the best of my knowledge:
* the debian-cd team only put here images it has itself generated, this
is why the only cloud image is the openstack cloud image.
* also the list here is not meant to be an authorative list of what is
an official Debian.

The openstack and live images are generated with the
scripts in
http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-cd/pettersson-live.git/ which call
in the background the openstack-debian-images and vmdebootstrap debian
packages.

As you you will see, these scripts work by starting a kvm image and
kicking vmdebootstrap / openstack-debian-images inside the VM.
The idea is that nothing runs as root on DSA controlled machines.

Also as a personal note:
I am currently planning adding the Virtualbox and LXC Vagrant images to
this build process.
The idea so far is to setup a build box mimicking the petterson setup,
and then send patches to pettersson-live.git to add the new cloud builders.

Emmanuel