Re: Debian images on Microsoft Azure cloud

On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 3:58 PM, Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> wrote:
> As per the discussions during debconf, to be called "official", the
> images have to be built:

Just to get everyone up to date, the rough consensus during that BoF
was to have four tiers:

1) Official Debian
Debian CD images, with security and updates. If backports was part of
that was somewhat contentious

2) "As Debian as possible" <- relevant
Good faith images/containers/whatever which are as close to an offical
image or an installation from an official image as is reasonably
possible given real-world constraints.
There was no real consensus on if the image creation needs to be done
by a DD even though this has been a hard requirement.
There _was_ consensus that to scale this, we need the parties who want
to have this swirl of approval work on opening their tools and
especially their test suites as much as possible, though. This is
needed both for reproducability and to make sure a certain baseline is
met without needing to do a full analysis everytime.
This is section we are talking about in this thread.
Also, it does not yet have a name.

3) Debian as base system
Laptop sold with Debian pre-installed, but with e.g. Firefox and Skype added.

4) Derivates
*buntu, Mint, Raspbian, etc.

Richard