Re: https://www.debian.org/CD/faq/#bootable

Hi,

Steve McIntyre wrote:
> I've just added some text for this, which will appear on the website
> shortly. Thanks for the report!

The Unix-centric part of https://www.debian.org/CD/faq/#write-usb
could need some technical update too:

- There are BD images meanwhile.
  So "CD/DVD" -> "CD/DVD/BD" ?

- i386 and amd64 both support booting via EFI.
  So "BIOS" -> "BIOS or EFI" or "boot firmware" ?

- The warning about "the right device name" should
  be more tangible. A while ago i wrote a multi-liner
  of which i hope that it is quite user safe:
  http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php/Isohybrid#Verify_device_address_or_make_a_backup

And maybe, just to keep the most inexperienced users from
learning command line while being superuser, the hint for
people who come from Windows should be placed before the
"cp" command. Together with the deprecation of "unetbootin".

Have a nice day :)

Thomas