Re: Crash of debian installer (on windows 8 recent machine)

Hello jimy,

jimy byerley <jimy.byerley@gmail.com> (2015-01-01):
> Hello,
>
> I just write to signal a systematic crash while booting the wheezy's and
> jessie's installer.
> Each time I try to boot on my machine with a USB stick for installation of
> Debian, It crashes just after "Probing EDD (edd=off to disable) ... ok"
> I tried in expert mode, the only thing it changes is that lots of messages
> appears after "probing EDD ... OK" and immediatly crashes after.
>
> My laptop is a  Lenovo Flex 2-14D  which is dual core (AMD E1), with 4Go of
> RAM
> I of course disabled quick boot and uefi mode (I set legacy boot mode), so
> normaly it should works.
>
> On USB stick I tried :
>  * Debian 7.7 amd64 DVD(1) installer
>  * Debian 7.5 amd64 DVD(1) installer
>  * Debian 7.7 amd64 live (KDE)
>  * Debian testing amd64 DVD(1) installer
>
> All these images crashes at the same point as described.
> I did writen my USB stick with # dd if=[].iso of=/dev/sdc
>
> Finally, I works with Ubuntu 14.10 amd64 desktop.
>

> I hope I have been accurate enough. In the case You need more informations,
> I can provide You.

Sorry for the lag in getting back to you… Is there any chance you could
give the D-I Jessie RC2 release a shot?

  https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2015/03/msg00015.html
  https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/

Mraw,