Crash of debian installer (on windows 8 recent machine)
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Crash of debian installer (on windows 8 recent machine)
- From: jimy byerley <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2015 11:39:43 +0100
- Message-id: <CAGE1O=m6j_xemj-gOSp7+tiWAna9BzMGGW9Q2cw4tv9WCwgagQ@mail.gmail.com>
I just write to signal a systematic crash while booting the wheezy's and jessie's installer.
Each time I try to boot on my machine with a USB stick for installation of Debian, It crashes just after "Probing EDD (edd=off to disable) ... ok"
I tried in expert mode, the only thing it changes is that lots of messages appears after "probing EDD ... OK" and immediatly crashes after.
My laptop is a Lenovo Flex 2-14D which is dual core (AMD E1), with 4Go of RAM
I of course disabled quick boot and uefi mode (I set legacy boot mode), so normaly it should works.
On USB stick I tried :
* Debian 7.7 amd64 DVD(1) installer
* Debian 7.5 amd64 DVD(1) installer
* Debian 7.7 amd64 live (KDE)
* Debian testing amd64 DVD(1) installer
All these images crashes at the same point as described.
I did writen my USB stick with # dd if=.iso of=/dev/sdc
Finally, I works with Ubuntu 14.10 amd64 desktop.
I hope I have been accurate enough. In the case You need more informations, I can provide You.