Aw: Re: preseed with netboot ISO

> Gesendet: Freitag, 19. Dezember 2014 um 10:23 Uhr
> Von: "Philip Hands" <phil@hands.com>
> An: "Lars-Daniel Weber" <Lars-Daniel.Weber@gmx.de>, debian-cd@lists.debian.org
> Betreff: Re: preseed with netboot ISO
>

> I guess you're doing this?
>
>   https://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Preseed/EditIso

No, that way it works. I've just tried it out. If you "bake" the preseed into the initrd,
anything works as expected.

I've put the preseed.cfg to the root of the ISO and passed it by APPEND settings to the kernel:
neither "file=/cdrom/preseed.cfg", nor "file=/hd-media/preseed.cfg", nor "file=preseed.cfg" works.

Exactly the same style (using "file=/cdrom/preseed.cfg") works for net*installer*, but not
for net*boot*.

The funny thing: for self-built net*boot* images (about 10 MB), it works with a seperated
preseed.cfg outside initrd without a problem. But building the installer on my own takes
lots of dependencies... I wonder, what went wrong on the automatic build of mini.iso :(

 > If you bring up a console (e.g. Ctrl-Alt-F2) when having booted from the
> mini.iso, and check if the S35initrd-preseed file is in place.  My guess
> is that the mini.iso does not include initrd-pressed.udeb.

Ah! Let me check:
mini.iso gives me: ./lib/debian-installer-startup.de/S35initrd-preseed
netinstaller is equal, even when looking for anything contaning "preseed".

As far, as I can see, all the preseed information is also in the mini.iso.
It just can't read them from kernel parameters.

Do you need more information?

Best regards,
Lars-Daniel