Re: Summary from the d-i / debian-cd BoF at DC14

Hi Steve,

On Tue, Sep 09, 2014 at 04:51:01PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> * Generating complete images (as opposed to installer images) brings
>   up other issues - d-i already asks a set of useful questions
>   (keymap, timezone, etc.) at installation time. For other types of
>   images, we'd need to add a first-boot customisation/configuration
>   tool to ask those questions. Preseeding could do it, but how do we
>   do this? Defer some of the installer steps until first boot, like
>   live-installer?

One example of prior art that may be worth looking at is Ubuntu's
oem-config, part of the 'ubiquity' source package:

   http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/u/ubiquity/
   http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-installer/ubiquity/trunk

This has both graphical and console front-ends for use in configuring a
system at first boot of a preinstalled image.

Hope that helps,